Re: Barina XC SRI Mask ID $11 ??

Post by silentshout »

20140517_182726.jpg
20140517_182726.jpg (107.77 KiB) Viewed 10711 times
20140517_182728.jpg
20140517_182728.jpg (107 KiB) Viewed 10711 times
20140517_182800.jpg
20140517_182800.jpg (162.05 KiB) Viewed 10711 times

Thank you for the help too :) i will look more into those addresses for the fuel etc, kinda wish the car was obd1 as it would be a heck of alot easier i think.

Still always happy to learn.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Looks like your protocol is KWP2000:
http://flash.ecubin.com/what-is-an-ecu- ... chiptuning
Opel Astra G 1.8 16V Siemens Simtec70 Download original file KWP2000 Plus
Opel Astra G 1.8 16V Siemens Simtec90 Download original file KWP2000 Plus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyword_Protocol_2000

you should look inside the obd connector and see if the can pins or the k line pins are populated, to see if its old school kwp (likely) or kwp over can (probably not for the year, but possible).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obd2#OBD-II
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
silentshout
cars: Holden Barina XC SRI 1.8L

Post by silentshout »

yep it looks like its kwp :)

thank you for clarifying for me.

Next question is if there is anywhere on this forum that could provide some guidence on my particular ecu? or obd2 tuning in general?

It was a long shot that it was $11, would have made my job a heck of alot easier :)

thank you again.

My quest continues :punk:
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

The first thing to know is OBD2 is not OBD2. The protocols are kinda related, eg the SAE pids map to the same sensors in the car across the board. But there are multiple different electronic/software protocols (as you know), manufacturer specific pids for more detailed info, and the flash routines are completely propriety. I know that doesnt really help, but knowing it it may allow you to avoid wasting time reading the wrong docs. If you can read the cal, I guess you can write it also? So if you check the tables winols found and compare the addresses to what I gave you, and if it can identify the table size (if not, I can look it up) then you can make it richer or leaner at given airflow vs rpm. What do you hope to achieve?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
silentshout

Post by silentshout »

Eventually I am going to boost the car as many people have done in the uk and germany already, theres even turbo kits out there for it. The only thing is everyone achieves management for boost by tuning the factory ecu. If anyone in oz were to use a turbo kit we would have to send the ecu halfway across the world and back to get a tune. As far as I am aware no one in oz tunes these ecus for boost. It would be heaps cheaper than going with a full standalone ecu, not to mention id get to keep the cold start and drivability of a factory car and it wouldnt be against the law as aftermarket ecus are. In addition to this the asking price for the turbo kit is tripled due to being in euros, and they wont drop the price at all if you dont want the tune. Much cheaper to get a custome kit made up here. Not a cheap diy turbo job though. Ill still be lowering the comp ratio, turbo exhaust will be made up by a proper shop, larger injectors, fuel pump, already has awesome brakes but ill be going slotted with race pads etc etc.

And yes I can read and write to the ecu (not sure if that is what you were asking) its just editing the map/cal thats looking to be the tricky part.

Anyone ever used a program called TOAD?? Aparrently they have a map editor built into it that supposidly finds the tables etc based on manufacturer, protocol etc. Ive emailed them to get more info on it.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

TOAD is a bundle of all the free software you can get anyway. Dont touch it. Even our stuff has ended up on there, and so they claim they it works on commodores. Its a rip off of free work. Dont give them your money.
silentshout

Post by silentshout »

Ah thank you for the heads up :)
silentshout

Post by silentshout »

So I tried finding those addresses in winols and im going to assume that theres alot more to it than I though I knew. Those addresses didnt come up using the find function.
VX L67 Getrag

Opel PCM calibration's

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I've just gone through a few of my read's for the Z18XE & looks like there is some information in just the 24KB cal section that may be relevant to release info & what PCM serivce no. they can be used in. (attahced text file)

I could be completely wrong but it seemed to line up with the 4 different calibration types I had from 6 different cars!
Attachments
Opel PCM Layout MAYBE.txt
(244 Bytes) Downloaded 527 times
silentshout

Post by silentshout »

The pcm number seems to line up with the ECM found in the Zafira and some astras with the z18xe which is the same engine.

The information that the read found on my ecm though said 09 115 113 which lines up with the GM part number for the Simtec71 for the corsa c. The ecus look the exact same as the astra ones, its possible they have different internals maybe?