VS-VY Enhanced Factory Bins

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
stevedarman
cars: VX commodore

Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins

Post by stevedarman »

Has anyone used the VT PCM retuned to control LPG vapor injectors?
rather than using a LPG ECU,
I think the main problem will be the gas injectors i measured resistance of 2 ohms
I would like to hear if anyone is running vapor injection on a delco PCM
The1

Post by The1 »

ive seen a vapor injector setup, but it had it's own ecu
trikky73
cars: VS V6 Sedan

Post by trikky73 »

I am running the BRC vapour injection with the enhanced factory bin, actually this is the one The1 has seen :)
Only issue we have had is if the PWR enrichment was a bit aggressive it would miss on LPG and when I went to bigger petrol injectors the LPG was thrown out (too lean) but this would have been easily corrected via getting the LPG ECU retuned

I have not heard of any retro fitting of vapour injectors to replace the petrol injectors but I believe that it is possible with liquid LPG injectors but the system is a lot more complex as it runs a pump in the LPG tank to feed the LPG at higher pressure and also has a return line back to the LPG tank hence why the increased costs in the installation
Looked into this option when I did my conversion but could not justify the added costs of the conversion
The1

Post by The1 »

vs v6 n/a and vs v6 s/c version are reuploaded with version A on the adx and xdf

adx and xdf are now linked so table bubbles will work
the table "Idle Airflow Learning - Airflow Vs RPM in Gear 1-4" has been fixed which had incorrect order.
adx values on some items tweaked
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Post by krusty »

The1 wrote:vs v6 n/a and vs v6 s/c version are reuploaded with version A on the adx and xdf

adx and xdf are now linked so table bubbles will work
the table "Idle Airflow Learning - Airflow Vs RPM in Gear 1-4" has been fixed which had incorrect order.
adx values on some items tweaked
Thanks Nigel ;) Bubbles are good
The1

Post by The1 »

VS V6 and VS V6 S/C Bins have been updated, there has been a bug fix, if using pin A5 it caused a increase in spark idle by 10degree's from commanded, only at idle in drive if auto, please download the new version.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Tried to use the VT SC enhanced ADX today but Tunerpro would not connect to the PCM properly. It showed that it was connected but was not sending any data(0hz). Changed over to the VX SC enhanced ADX and that would connect and showing about 11hz and logged fine.

The only thing I can think that may have been an issue is that I was still using the OSE v1.47 plugin? Have updated to v1.50 this evening so will hopefully test again tomorrow if/when the owner swings by.

Thanks

edit: had a few other issues but I'll start another thread for that.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

There shouldnt be any difference betwen 1.47 and 1.50 - nothing has changed that would affect that setup.

Reports of what works and what doesnt are appreciated (especially when you have 1 of each on the same hardware). Things get a lot more complicated on VT, and I dont have a vehicle to test on. I think some ADXs are set up better than others, so knowing what works for you and what doesnt gives us good base to improve on. Theoretically when set up the same they should all work just fine.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Yeah, the more I think about it the more I'm inclined to agree it's not an issue with the plugin as it did connect but didn't send any data.

I haven't yet had a chance to compare the ADX files, hopefully tomorrow I'll get to spend a little time comparing them and see if there are any variations.
The1

Post by The1 »

did you have the correct vehicle selected in the plugin dropdown? as adx no longer does the silence. Also of note depending on model say calais or berlina are worse you have to hit the oseplugin connect icon 2-3 times to get the packet in, you know when it worked as the cluster will then have a spack. So the fact it worked on vx later might have been that it needed 2-3 goes to silence