ALDL Logger

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
delcowizzid

Re: ALDL Logger

Post by delcowizzid »

ill have a log up soon :D cheers mate
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

0-950ish and back to 0 couldnt quiet hit the tonne LOL now i need a conversion equation
egtlog1.xdl
(156.27 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

smashed in holden202's calc perfect LOL
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

for the record VL400 takes all the credit for the calc, I just had the hardware to test it :P
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

homebrew egt gauge with external logging is what i would call a success LOL hopefully its responsive enough maybe i should trace the circuit while its apart see if we cant unbuffer the output for quicker response LOL
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

what are you referring to as responsive ?

wheres your EGT located, or is it still in the gas heater ?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

still in the heater LOL but if you look at the log it doesnt gain or lose heat readings very fast.might do a quick test with just the sensor and my multimeter and see if its the thermocouple speed or the processing
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

that's an interesting concept .... I would expect the one I have would change as soon as the signal in changes, but my logs show a gradual increase in temp over a 1/4 mile run, I always thought that was because I didn't have it right at the head face .... maybe its not ?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

nope its the speed of the k type for sure its slow just measuring voltage out of the sensor.would seem its better suited to steady state load type use.also my gauge starts at 200 which offsets the reading at 300c on the gauge logger says 200 and obviously the error gets smaller as it rises till its correct at 950 degrees .oh well might be handy for something along the way
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

There is some thermal mass so won't be super fast to respond. The ones I have seen mounted near the head seem to respond faster though.

You can add an offset to the calc for the logger. Will need the multiply part changed too if its correct by 950.