Cal between Program Types

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
ToyHicko
cars: Toyota Celica/VN Bash Car

Cal between Program Types

Post by ToyHicko »

I've been busy writing some excel formulas to try and convert tables for me is there a better way? For example plan to use $12P but as a starting point need to load all the values from the existing file e.g. $5D. I've started to write a function macro that scans one table to calculate the new value required. As it's been ages since I've coded in VBA (6 year) so little rusty so before I got to carried away just thought I'd ask if there was an easier way.

Also hoping to also get the code working in Open office to make it more accessible to others but have to learn the code.

Jason
Holden202T

Re: Cal between Program Types

Post by Holden202T »

well theres really only a few tables that need to be adjusted due to changes in columns etc so i don't really think its worth much other than excel ?

just pick a bin file from someone else thats the closest to your setup and go from there ?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Cal between Program Types

Post by antus »

Yeah I agree with Holden 202. For your engine i'd take my base tune, import the VE, Spark, and AFR tables from your source and calculate and set the injrate and PPK. That should get you pretty close. Jayme's spread sheet can be used to increase the resolution of the VE table. Its really only averaging the cells either side of the new rows. I dont think you should need to break out to VBA.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396