CKUL Ecotec tuning AE/PE help :D

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: CKUL Ecotec tuning AE/PE help :D

Post by immortality »

LOL, yeah, took me ages to re-find them again this time around.

All good :)
hoosedamoose
cars: vs statesman

Post by hoosedamoose »

Are there any guides on how to use the PE tables and which table/scalar to edit?
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Once you open the spread sheet at the top it shows the tables(4) used for PE. Only 2 tables are populated (been) Power Enrichment fuel Air Ratio Vs Coolant and Power Enrichment Trim Vs RPM

At the bottom you will see a table that is labelled RPM and Time in Power Enrichment (this would be the commanded AFR you would see in the tune). At the top of the table are 2 boxes. One shows the Coolant temperature referenced and the other the TPS. Leave these on 80 degrees C and 100 TPS.

If you make a change in one of the top 4 tables that represent the tables in the tune you will see a change occur in the commanded AFR table at the bottom.

Personally, I would change the Power Enrichment Trim Vs RPM table so that it stays at a commanded 12.8 AFR until 5600rpm and then go a little richer to keep it safe. I would also alter the Power Enrichment Fuel Air Ratio Vs Coolant table changing 104°, 128° and 152° to 12.6 AFR. That way, once the engine gets hot if you do go into PE it will keep it richer than normal to keep it safe.
hoosedamoose

Post by hoosedamoose »

immortality wrote:Once you open the spread sheet at the top it shows the tables(4) used for PE. Only 2 tables are populated (been) Power Enrichment fuel Air Ratio Vs Coolant and Power Enrichment Trim Vs RPM

At the bottom you will see a table that is labelled RPM and Time in Power Enrichment (this would be the commanded AFR you would see in the tune). At the top of the table are 2 boxes. One shows the Coolant temperature referenced and the other the TPS. Leave these on 80 degrees C and 100 TPS.

If you make a change in one of the top 4 tables that represent the tables in the tune you will see a change occur in the commanded AFR table at the bottom.

Personally, I would change the Power Enrichment Trim Vs RPM table so that it stays at a commanded 12.8 AFR until 5600rpm and then go a little richer to keep it safe. I would also alter the Power Enrichment Fuel Air Ratio Vs Coolant table changing 104°, 128° and 152° to 12.6 AFR. That way, once the engine gets hot if you do go into PE it will keep it richer than normal to keep it safe.
You sir, are a legend! I will give this a go tomorrow and report back my findings :D
thanks again
The1

Post by The1 »

pretty much as said before.

Use these to set your target
Power Enrichment - Fuel Air Ratio Vs Coolant
Power Enrichment - Change V's Time in Power Enrichment
Power Enrichment - Trim V's RPM
Power Enrichment - Trim V's TPS

The AFR vs Coolant is your base, the others are a modifier of those.

Then with your target set correctly use the functions in the ADX to help tune your fueling.

Use this monitor value to see the % fueling you are out from your target, this the % you need to adjust your injector mulitipler tables by.
AFR Target Vs Wideband AFR

Or replay your log and use the history table
WB AFR Vs Target AFR Inj Multi Correction

These are based off feeding your wideband into pin B10
hoosedamoose

Post by hoosedamoose »

The1 wrote:pretty much as said before.

Use these to set your target
Power Enrichment - Fuel Air Ratio Vs Coolant
Power Enrichment - Change V's Time in Power Enrichment
Power Enrichment - Trim V's RPM
Power Enrichment - Trim V's TPS

The AFR vs Coolant is your base, the others are a modifier of those.

Then with your target set correctly use the functions in the ADX to help tune your fueling.

Use this monitor value to see the % fueling you are out from your target, this the % you need to adjust your injector mulitipler tables by.
AFR Target Vs Wideband AFR

Or replay your log and use the history table
WB AFR Vs Target AFR Inj Multi Correction

These are based off feeding your wideband into pin B10
Thanks The1 :D