Jaymes VS Wagon

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
delcowizzid

Re: Jaymes VS Wagon

Post by delcowizzid »

yeah they tend to run down low 12's even in the 11's at WOT stupid maf tunes.the supercharged tunes run leaner than a stock vs tune makes me laugh
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

dunno if mine knocks or not... havent had it driving on the road much yet and havent had the lappy on it. the amount of advance it has tho, ive seen ecotecs knock with less, so I reckon ill be winding it back. ill do a log tho and see whats up. ive diffed it against a stock BSTK and the spark map is all thats different.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

which table is changed, both or just the no knock timing ?
Dec_head
cars: VR Calais

Post by Dec_head »

Heres a vs bt1 tune if you want to try it.
Are they any different to a stock tune ?
Attachments
bwpl vs v6 police tune.BIN
Bwpl bt1 vs v6
(128 KiB) Downloaded 377 times
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Most of the differences in the Police calibrations are to do with cooling strategy ,charging and idle.
Typically cooling fans come on earlier and sometimes the idle speed is increased slightly, the IAC steps can sometimes be different due to higher alternator loads at idle.
Doctor Bob
cars: VN, VT

Post by Doctor Bob »

The VS Police tune is identical to the BWPJ with a different broadcast code.
BWPL = 1648 (dec)
BWPJ = 1628 (dec)
this is the same as the VR police files.
the only different ones were VT 5.0, these had an increased idle speed in neutral to help keep the battery charged when idling for long periods with the roof lights on

(the magical "Police Chip" that people so want to believe exists & gives amazing power)

Rob
Dec_head
cars: VR Calais

Post by Dec_head »

Oh ok thanks bob i have read some of the garbage about super dooooper amazing top secret miracle horsepower memcals that are apparently removed before they sell their cars lol but i have seen the bwcs in the vs v8 had a knock filter board so i just assumed it had a similar tune to the hsv wasn't sure on any of the others
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

Doctor Bob wrote:The VS Police tune is identical to the BWPJ with a different broadcast code.
BWPL = 1648 (dec)
BWPJ = 1628 (dec)

Rob
so if there is nothing differeny between them then why even bother making a seperate one for the police cars ?
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

At a guess the Engineers probably looked at previous vehicles where there were special requirements for the Police so got a new broadcast code for the Police expecting there to be differences.
As development progressed, it may have been identified it wasn't needed but they just left it rather than change it or scrap stock that had already been purchased.

yoda69
UCMatt
cars: VE Sportwagon
VYExec
VN V8 UC Torana Hatch

Post by UCMatt »

The early stuff (VN/VP) had TCC lockup speeds altered, but other than that the calibration was the same as stockers.