Tuning tools for a VT V6 Ecotech

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Re: Tuning tools for a VT V6 Ecotech

Post by yoda69 »

The problem we've been having with stacked bins is that some of the calibration data in $02000-$06000 and some from $22000-$26000 is being used.
This makes the xdf a little difficult and the changes made a little hit and miss.
Idle speed for example is in the first part so xdf works fine, but other tables are in the other bank.
Where it becomes a real pain is when you try burning it back on to a standard chip, as all changes need to be captured.
What I've been doing is make sure all my changes are on both banks above so at least i know I'm covered.
Hope this makes some sense,

I like your idea, and believe it is similar to what the G6 is intended do.

yoda69
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

Currently I just edit a 128k bin then stack it and upload whenever I make changes, so that they are the same in all banks so as to avoid that exact problem, however this is tedious.

It sounds as though the unused address lines on the ostrich are floating and being interpreted as being a logic 1, therefore selecting a higher bank (not uncommon with TTL chips). a pull-down resistor (say 10k ohms) from pin 1 to GND and from pin 30 to GND should help.

If you don't want to mess around with the stacking I would do this
PULL-UPS.png
PULL-UPS.png (18.32 KiB) Viewed 2270 times
and then just upload a 128k bin to the ostrich (making sure it is end justified).

currently I just edit a 128k bin and stack it then upload whenever I make changes, so that they are the sam in all banks so as to avoid that problem
casagoya
cars: VT Commodore Ecotech V6

Post by casagoya »

I received an email from Craig at Moates saying that he had a few G6s and would be posting them on the website in "the week or two". That was back on Feb 8 so I guess it wont be long now.