Mrs The1 VX Berlina Wagon

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: Mrs The1 VX Berlina Wagon

Post by VL400 »

Thats a nice increase for a quick play with the tune!
The1

Post by The1 »

147hp/110kw for stock and 260,000km i thought wasn't a bad figure. Im only making 13kw more with the VS over this which has intake/exhaust and rockers.
The1

Post by The1 »

well A/C farted the seals out the bottom of the compressor, so fitted up a new compressor, tx valve and filter dryer and all new seals, got genuine delphi compressor, of coarse had gas removed before hand, all up $500 not bad as i did all the labour, runs well 5c vent temp on low fan speeds and 7c vent temp on high speeds, current outside temp 30c.
0081(2)
cars: VY commodore supercharged V6

Post by 0081(2) »

Thats nice and cold. really need to get mine working better.
The1

Post by The1 »

new compressor makes a huge difference, within a second or two it's already dropping the temps. Also one thing was mentioned that alot of a/c people put 850g in the system but 800 is what is stated, it still runs but doesn't cool as well and can have higher pressure.
The1

Post by The1 »

Well wagons ecotec got to 330,000km andd has a stuck lifter, pic shows it as far as I could get it out, it's jammed, funny enough that cam lobe it was sitting on was nearly fine and no wear on lifter roller lol, some of the other rollers and lobes are worn, #6 in picture was worn down with sharp edge, air check galleries seems ok, so will Chuck old cam and lifters in from old vt s/c engine I rebuilt for vs. what do you all reckon is that wear about normal for those KMS? Will prob source another lower km ecotec for future changeover
Attachments
IMG_20191202_215616.jpg
IMG_20191129_215012.jpg
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Awe hell, it's got plenty of lift left, take a stone, polish off the edges a bit, throw it back in with another lifter and run'er!

She's good to go!
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I have seen the wear on the last lobe on all engines from VN to VY and it's always on the last lobe.

I got 2 ideas what it could be, 1. defect in the casting process/bad case hardening. 2. valley drain hole is right above it, maybe possible normal wear debris is washed on to the lobe and lifter, gets run over by the roller and initiates the breakdown of the case hardening.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
The1

Post by The1 »

The stuck lifter was in #1 exhaust, other than that i prob wouldn't have known it was running quiet before with the occasional lifter tick at hot idle which was prob the start of the no1 going.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

The earlier lifters are even worse, all of mine ended up sounding like a tin of marbles. Slowly over the years GM revised them half a dozen times or so till the ones we have now.

I use the direct replacement GM OEM lifters 17122490, they are really good, only thing is to watch out for is the preload, it's different from the older designs, it's 2.09mm.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.