How to convert a 202 to Delco

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
pman92
cars: HZ One Tonner
VE Ute

Re: How to convert a 202 to Delco

Post by pman92 »

You need a camira ignition module, as a camira uses an inductive pickup for engine speed/position, and a HEI 202 distributer also uses an inductive pickup. The commodore v8 ignition module won't work as it uses a Hall effect type pickup. The v6 module would require you to adapt the crank angle sensor.
The ECU is exactly the same commodore/camira/pulsar except they have different memcals in them
VR-VY Holden BCM Simulator: View Post
MrModule.com.au
modified
cars: vl calais
vk calais
HB torana
UC torana

Post by modified »

ok thanks, that makes a little more sense to me now.
ladaok
cars: none

Post by ladaok »

wish I had read this topic right to the end, for some reason I never got there till now :?:

A lot of my questions have been answered

* I have scored a ' 808 but it is from a V8 and i'm using it on a 4 cyl ... I have a diagram on how to add resistors to change the ' 808 to a 4 cyl, but it looks like I may have to still change the memcal ?

* I am thinking that you have to use a coil that is triggered for every cyl, and not a V6 coil

* I think it would be best to stick with as much of the VN bits ( sensors etc ) just might make life easier as I learn .. the VN injectors would be 30 % too big if you were comparing stock engines, although, the engine as is is probably around 100 bhp, so not too far away,

* I know the VN is crank triggered, is this a major ? would be way superior. .. I'm sure I have seen a diagram about thi somewhere

which brings me to a thought :o a lot of info seems to be spread from a...hole to breakfast plate ( to me anyway ) am I missing a logical system ( probably )

I might be best to stick bits of info into my bookmarks

This topic was excellent , and thanks 202
What do I read next ?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah the problem is unless your specific conversion is covered then your always going to be needing to get bits of info from other threads to complete the missing links.

memcal one way or the other should be able to work, even if you have to cut all the resistor legs off and add your own resistors over the top...

im not sure what your motor has, but if its a reluctor dizzy then use the camira module and wire to suit, or you can wire in a abs sensor or similar for a crank trigger to the camira module, see this thread for more info on that option http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic. ... nk+trigger

the injectors are not going to be an issue if they are too big, means you have plenty of room for performance increases later on!
Macca97
cars: hj ute, hz wagon, copious amounts of random half started side projects

Post by Macca97 »

hopefully ill be doing a delco 202 soon, still don't have any of the the stuff to tune it though aha, but have about 10000000 202s lying around
why have one 202, when you can have 12 and counting, 30+ car graveyard just for fun aswell
ballrash
cars: some

Post by ballrash »

digging up an old thread but was wondering if by using the camira module with a v6 or v8 loom converted onto a 202 would be possible to ru an aftermarket ecu like haltech - as i understand the 'haltech' would be looking for the factory style signal for a v8 or v6 - whichever is selected.
Any guidance appreciated, thanks
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Probably, but thats not how we would do it. Have a look in to the tools and hardware used in this thread. See the faq (link up near top right of screen)
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

What do you mean by factory signal? There is an atermarket ecu not sure on the brand that is a plug in to an 808 loom.
ballrash
cars: some

Post by ballrash »

sorry about being vague - did look thru q&a but couldnt really find an answer

Basically i have a haltech platinum sport (this is a plug & play ecu) that i can use, i'd like to run it on a 202 in the most simplest of ways.
i beleive the platinum sport is configured to run either v8 or v6 fitted to commodores. So if i want to run 6 cylinders i'd need to trigger the haltech the same way as the holden v6 does? Or am i misunderstanding that running the camira module will give out the same signal as the v6 crank sensor?
Thanks
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

The different modules as in the holden v8 or the camira one interface the different distributor signal to the the ecu. So with the matching distributor and module the ecu gets the same and correct signal.
Then just set the number of cylinders and reference angle in the ecu to suit.