Deka 60's Injector Values

VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: Deka 60's Injector Values

Post by VL400 »

I dont know what this table achieves, it just delays when the injectors fire after the ref pulse. Being batch fired it seems a bit pointless. It may be a hangover from the TBI days?
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Does sound a bit useless. I will also try it with zero settings like the V8 see what happens.
If you're after more code space one day might be able to lose it?
blownvp

Post by blownvp »

zeroed mine no difference so left it that way.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Looking at the tune again here for this same car, when you're not running some sensors what's best practice with the flags?
Un tick the CEL flag I get but should you have the code processed still? On this one there's no O2, speed sensor or knock sensor.

Let it process the code still or just not process it at all?
VL400

Post by VL400 »

You can mask the processing, or for certain things can also make it work for you. For no O2 sensor its worth masking it and turning off closed loop, knock sensor the same.

But for a speed sensor you can let it process, cause the fault and then it will use some defaults. For instance you can still get DFCO as it will skip the vehicle speed check, checking for closed idle speed it will use MAP. While somethings may not be desirable with no speed sensor you can make the most of a fault code, might just have to play with how it gets triggered so it happens quickly rather than having to meet certain requirements.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Thanks mate
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah same with no TPS, (more for carby delco spark control) leave the tps connected and just mask the cel, once it doesn't move and processes the code it then uses the tps defaults and actually changes spark advance based on map and rpm load without having the tps input anymore.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

VL400 wrote:might just have to play with how it gets triggered so it happens quickly rather than having to meet certain requirements.
Im not at my PC today but would there be scalar you can adjust for this?
I've never tuned a car without a VSS before now.
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Have a look at the code 24 scalars, there are some for RPM, MAP and time. It gets set when the engine should be decelerating, but can tweak the values to get set as soon as the engine starts.