ALDL on Kalmaker tune

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
Sweet_Wagon
cars: VS Berlina Wagon

ALDL on Kalmaker tune

Post by Sweet_Wagon »

Hoping someone can shed some light on this, I have a VS V6 that's had an L67 conversion.

The car is going in for a Kalmaker MAP tune this week, and I'm assuming that i will longer be able to datalog through TunerPro as i currently do? Will i even be able to view DTC's and/or clear them?

And i guess the final question is, has anyone here developed a TunerPro definition file that will suit this application?

Cheers,
Brett.
Sweet_Wagon

Re: ALDL on Kalmaker tune

Post by Sweet_Wagon »

To add, I believe it will be tuned on the W45 code
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

There is a W40 ADX here .. http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=29

I think the data stream for W45 might be similar, just with some MAP related things added (the W55 ADX is almost identical to stock), but you should be able to setup an ADX to log it fairly easily.
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

DTC function is same as factory except you will have MAP related DTCs
Sweet_Wagon

Post by Sweet_Wagon »

VL400 wrote:There is a W40 ADX here .. http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=29

I think the data stream for W45 might be similar, just with some MAP related things added (the W55 ADX is almost identical to stock), but you should be able to setup an ADX to log it fairly easily.
Thanks VL, ill certainly give the W40 ADX a go. For a beginner like me, where is best to learn how to start de-coding the data stream?
Im keen to start playing some TunerPro and creating some custom ADX's, but not sure where to start. I have a basic understanding of Hex which appears to be what is used?
Sweet_Wagon

Post by Sweet_Wagon »

ejukated wrote:DTC function is same as factory except you will have MAP related DTCs
Good to know, thanks ejukated :thumbup:
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

First thing is to get a data log, hopefully the W40 adx connects without any message sizes. If not can work it out using the flashtool and sending commands to the PCM.

Once you have it connecting can then see what works and what does not. Can figure out the major things like RPM, temperatures, MAP etc Flags are the hard part.

If its like other Kalmaker releases it might be a similar data stream to standard, just with MAP.
Sweet_Wagon

Post by Sweet_Wagon »

Looks like for the most part, the "$51 VS V6 Engine and Trans v1.11 WB Innovate" ADX works with W45 :)

Looking at the ADX, it looks like someone has already added 'MAP for KAL' value, but it seems to be reading just over 50kpa at atmosphere pressure?

Not sure if its been configured for a 2 bar MAP sensor, anyone know the correct equation would be?
1MapforKAL_zps5nkzb3nn.jpg
1MapforKAL_zps5nkzb3nn.jpg (101.77 KiB) Viewed 9227 times
2MapforKAL2_zpspb12r4cw.jpg
2MapforKAL2_zpspb12r4cw.jpg (92.15 KiB) Viewed 9227 times
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

This is what I use on a L67 with 2 bar Map sensor. X * 0.7844 + 11.0
Sweet_Wagon

Post by Sweet_Wagon »

kojab wrote:This is what I use on a L67 with 2 bar Map sensor. X * 0.7844 + 11.0
Thanks, Ill give that a try, I also got this from an earlier thread for PSI conversion
VL400 wrote:The easiest option (and the best for the least rounding error) is what Jayme suggested. If you want to simplify it the calc is...
2 Bar = (X * 0.113)-13.54
3 Bar = (X * 0.177)-14.381