Couldnt really find a section for this..

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Re: Couldnt really find a section for this..

Post by Dazza92VP »

ok holden202s attempts at doing this has revived my interest to try this again i remade my adaptor and tried to get a read from it 9 out of 10 i just get random ff with some data inbetween and then i got this
dash read.jpg
dash read.jpg (16.62 KiB) Viewed 6482 times
i dont know if its correct but the bottom line looks totally different to the top line where as everyone elses looks the same second half top and bottom i dont know where im going wrong with this
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

ok i kept going over my gear and found i was tracing one track wrong and it wasnt actually connected so tried it again after fixing that issue and now im getting perfect reads tried a reprogram and it works flawlessly
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

I've got my settings on VERYSLOW :)

I can program it no worries and when I read it back it is what I put into it.

I've tried a few different readings and they don't seem to like it, just get the 555555km reading, but when I put the original numbers back into it I get them showing up as it originally was, so it certainly seems to program correctly.
j_ds_au

Post by j_ds_au »

Holden202T wrote: then every one in 10 or so one of the three in the red box is different usually by one character
So you've resolved this issue?

Joe.
j_ds_au

Post by j_ds_au »

The1 wrote:with power on MM74HC14N has 5v on pin 2&3 and measuring across pin 1&2 has +5v on pin 2
Did anyone ever check with an ohm-meter, if CN103 pin 1 actually connects to ground (eg. 74HC14 pin 7)?

Joe.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

well since I posted that info I haven't had a bad read so maybe it was just a dicky connection on the zif or something, only issue im having is getting it to program the numbers I want.... that's more a maths issue than anything else I think.
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

What numbers are you changing I just Copy straight from the dash tool and it works fine just change last 8 segments top and bottom lines
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

festy wrote:Here's a quick and dirty calculator, just enter the desired odo reading at the top and it calculates the digits, checksums and block checksum, and does the endian conversion for you too.
I haven't tested it much but it looks like it calculates the right hex values for the couple of odo readings I've tried with it.
I was hoping to do it with an xdf for the dash bins, but couldn't work out a way to do the maths with TP so this is the best I could think of without spening too much time on it.
dashtool.jpg
Is there a working version of this around?, I'm having the same issues as others where when this was fresh but the fix doesn't work anymore. That is from page 32
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I just tested it and it worked fine. Whats the error? Missing ocx?

If it is, i recommend installing the OCX files from this zip. The location to put them is different from 32bit windows and 64 bit windows, and you need to run a command prompt with admin rights (right click, run as administrator), then paste the instuctions to register the files. There are more in that zip than what are needed for the dash calculator, but they are a reasonably common set and are likely to make a bunch of older visual basic apps run on modern windows so you might as well do the lot. There are also different versions of these files around, I have found this collection to be good and stable. Same process works on win 10, despite the win7 in the filename.
Attachments
windows 7 ocx files.zip
(1.52 MiB) Downloaded 287 times
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

sorry, I should have been more specific, the fault is missing 'mscomctl.ocx'

I downloaded the first one I found from here https://www.ocxme.com/download/3266/MSCOMCTL.OCX and installed it in syswow64 with no luck

Thanks heaps for the help :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...