Flex output ?

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Flex output ?

Post by vlad01 »

lol
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

Holden202T wrote:better still, flex table to engage under 8kph and below certain revs :)
I think your on to something !
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

the options are endless :) can even use the output from one flex table to drive the axis of another one, if you really want that much control :)

theres also options there so it works only with engine running or not etc ....
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

Just a little thread jack is there anyway to run the flex table off of an analog input from say a temp sensor then using the flex output to drive a thermo fan for a trans cooler but have some sort of hysteresis so it's not just switching on off constantly? I've though about it for a while but can't figure it out even with two flex tables and also it doesn't look like you can use an analog input as an axis?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Dazza92VP wrote:Just a little thread jack is there anyway to run the flex table off of an analog input from say a temp sensor then using the flex output to drive a thermo fan for a trans cooler but have some sort of hysteresis so it's not just switching on off constantly? I've though about it for a while but can't figure it out even with two flex tables and also it doesn't look like you can use an analog input as an axis?
Yeah its possible for a 2D table using a single flex item. This is on flex output A, so I have coolant on the X axis and on the Y axis is flex A DC....
Flex With Hysteresis.png
Flex With Hysteresis.png (19.26 KiB) Viewed 5244 times
With the output off it uses the top half of the table and on uses the bottom half, giving in this case 10 deg hysteresis. I just noticed that the spare analog inputs have not been defined in the flashtool as options for the axis so have added that for the next release. The universal A/D item is wrong in v112 due to the baro option of using a second MAP sensor.
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Very neat solution VL400. :D
Took me a little bit to get my head around at first as I never thought about using the actual output as an axis.
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

thats brilliant this has had me stumped for ages on how to do this with the flex tables and i wasnt going nuts trying to find how to get the analog inputs to read on the flex tables. your a legend VL :punk:
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

with the universal a/d thats on pin b12? and just relabled as the baro update anyway of changing it to a single axis table that i can add resistance = temp?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

The resistance vs temp varies with different sensors, but can normally find a data sheet for the common types. You then need to use a pullup resistor so the ECU can read an analog voltage representing a temperature, this pullup varies for the temperature range you intend on measuring. Its a non-linear relationship.

Due to the number of variables and the universal nature of the two spare analog inputs, the flex setup in the flashtool will show a raw count range of 0-255 representing the analog voltage 0-5V. From the sensor type and pullup used you will need to workout what voltage corresponds to what temperature. You can then setup the range in counts to something useful for fan control, and if you want manually edit the XDF afterwards to show temperature labels in place of the raw counts.
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

Yea I was thinking of using a vn-vr 2pin CTS I've got a manual with all the resistances plotted out at certain temps just need to work that out into the 0-255 do you know what pull up sensor is used for the CTS on the standard pin at all?