VS-VY Enhanced Factory Bins

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
VX L67 Getrag

Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Hey Dylan, not really the place for flash PCM questions !

Although there is enhanced files for them there's ok real developments for them!

No you can't run vx on vy or vice versa as there's different hardware at play!

Stick to what was set for vehicle as there's variances between models if each series too!

But basically for flash pcm's go to the thread for them in particular!
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Funny enough there's not one for VX N/A.
cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy

Post by 0081 »

Dylan wrote:Im new to flash ecu's and a few questions will be coming.
If VX and VY run the same ecu, can a VX run VY code?

Also to get the enhanced bin onto the flash ecu will be my next task after I read up on the process with flash tool.
Any tips for new players?
The spare PCM i got for my VY was from a VX and once i cloned it it ran in my VY without any issues.
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

As mentioned in the other thread you can use either pcm in either car but it has to be flashed with the os to suit the correct model car due to code differences in communication to dash,bcm etc.
phat01
cars: 2002

Post by phat01 »

I have a vt 355 stroker and it has your modual in it but the tune is so lean that it blew the motor, the seller has told me I need the interface from you to retune the programmable memcal. Does this help?
The1

Post by The1 »

The1

Post by The1 »

i have been thinking of a way around improving the knock setup in enhanced, i have changed the KAL (knock active loops) code and done some bench testing, i have it working now just need to test in car.

Instead of it increasing the count by 1 each time the knock code runs it will increase via the cylinder number, i had an issue with this where if knock is continous the KAL count keeps increasing which doesn't help pinpoint the cylinder number, so i have used a switch in the code, if Knock is continuous it will not update the KAL counter, it will wait for knock to stop and start again before it re-updates it.

So simply if knock is detected it will update KAL by # of the cylinder which caused knock to be detected and trigger the code, it wont update KAL unless knock stops and starts again. I think this is most handy, if the same cylinder # triggers knock all the time then you have a cylinder to check for problems. I did explore the idea of setting up 6 or 8 seperate KAL counters one for each cylinder similar to Flash PCM's, though that is alot of memory bytes just for that and also more room needed in the ALDL string which is MSG12 that i have been testing shorter is better for update rates.

Id be interested in peoples thoughts and even better ways to do this, i may have some small time to further play over Christmas break and get a beta out.
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Could we get the basic KAL code on the vt v8? I could try the beta version once released but need to get some experience with the original knock loop code first. My timing up high is locked in at 20d on 98 as its either noise or knock causing it to retard passed 3600
The1

Post by The1 »

id like to do more on the v8's, it's similar setup but not the same code wise so requires more time.
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Ok No worries.