E85, Fuel Lines & Hoses

Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: E85, Fuel Lines & Hoses

Post by Dylan »

How does normal efi equipment handle E10? I currently have the engine apart on my 1994 VR V8 Commodore.
It will be a daily after this and thinking running E10. Some googling sees quite a few people claiming they're running it as far back as VN's without trouble for year's.

Any opinions on this?
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Most people will have used E10 or there abouts without knowing, there are a lot of servo operators that blend ethanol with petrol to stretch profits, most people never notice... I have had a few BA falcons through the shop over the years with rust problems in the fuel rail, most likely from the after effects of ethanol blended fuel...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Would that become worse when stopped running ethanol?
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

I don't think so, im sure it has more to do with running the tank down low and picking up all the shit in the tank...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Dylan wrote:How does normal efi equipment handle E10? I currently have the engine apart on my 1994 VR V8 Commodore.
It will be a daily after this and thinking running E10. Some googling sees quite a few people claiming they're running it as far back as VN's without trouble for year's.

Any opinions on this?

I ran mine exclusively on united E10 (their 95 oct fuel) for about 4 years back in the day. My tank was immaculate inside as was the rest of the system. My problems stated when I used BP's 95 premium, red silt after few months would kill pump after pump and block everything up. Been alright since using 98 only now.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy

Post by 0081 »

Found this hose on ebay while searching around.
Lists it for just about it all fuels and says its suitable for the 400 series pushlock hose fittings but still needs a clamp.
Attachments
Screenshot_2015-08-25-23-46-02.png
OZ38
cars: VY V6 Commodore ute.
VS V6 Commo sedan.
VT V6 powered 4x4 Hilux ute.

Post by OZ38 »

0081 wrote:Found this hose on ebay while searching around.
Lists it for just about it all fuels and says its suitable for the 400 series pushlock hose fittings but still needs a clamp.
SpeedFlow are selling that also under their product lines.

edit: oh forget that I see they are a SpeedFlow reseller lol.

Cheers