Software On ELM Street - OBD2 Software Development

Programs / Tools / Scripts
Jayme

Re: Software On ELM Street - OBD2 Software Development

Post by Jayme »

I noticed that!.... ive got 2x bench pcms here and I found each is different in which o2 sensor pids it used
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

umm, VZ was 2007 ? I thought the last of them was 2006 ?
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

Holden202T wrote:umm, VZ was 2007 ? I thought the last of them was 2006 ?

The sedans finished in 2006 but the wagons and utes went into 2007(august from memory)

Btw nice work as always tazzi.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Jayme wrote:I noticed that!.... ive got 2x bench pcms here and I found each is different in which o2 sensor pids it used
Yeah, Im noticing major differences in the PIDs that are supported. My 2005 ECU has 59 PIDs that it can read out, but then I have a different one (not sure on year) which only does 28. Im thinking the one with the less PIDs is actually newer, and uses Holden specific PIDs that I am unaware of.

Also saw that on the 05 ECU, it pickups up O2 B1 S2 and O2 B2 S2. It does not find sensor one on either side which is a bit odd.

The 05 ecu also has no mention of crank angle sensor, misfire per cylinder ect whereas this is found in 07. I believe the ECU actually supports showing this data, just a matter of reversing it from 06/07 ECU.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

I know there was a change to 2006 models to meet euro 3 requirements and it had before and after CAT o2's but im not sure on previous models.....

the pre cat sensors were wideband LSU4.2's.
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Holden202T wrote:I know there was a change to 2006 models to meet euro 3 requirements and it had before and after CAT o2's but im not sure on previous models.....

the pre cat sensors were wideband LSU4.2's.
Ah yep, thats were the issue is. Will run through the 06/07 models and see whats the go there.

Anyways, v0.0.1.9 now up :thumbup:
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

One of the biggest requests Iv had is to make SOE 100% compatible with wireless devices. Managed to find a bluetooth device which Im pretty happy with, along with a tablet which I left running in the glove box with SOE running.
Logged about an hours trip, and was still displaying 'current' data right till the end.

The bluetooth device is the only one Iv found that doesnt cut out randomly. And seems to have a good range as well. Will be adding in official support for this device. I also have a WIFI ELM here as well. Im yet to properly hook up to it, but It appears to be extremely good quality based on the internals
WIFI is alot harder to implement, it needs attention like a nagging girlfriend, needs a some "reassurance" every 10seconds to let you know your still there otherwise it just buggers off without warning.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Are you selling your own elm's with USB connection? Did you get anywhere with your own interface you were looking into making?
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Dylan wrote:Are you selling your own elm's with USB connection? Did you get anywhere with your own interface you were looking into making?
Yeah I purchase in large bulk direct from manufacturer which has agreed to meet my (Large!) list of requirements. This ensures everything I receive is completely identical, has been thoroughly tested and is brand spanking new. Plus I run my own tests once I have the new shipment. :thumbup:

My interface is still under development. Currently it has HS CAN, SWCAN, MSCAN, ALDL and VPW. Iv tested VPWx4 and it successfully reads/writes data to the AVT in VPWx4. Currently waiting on new pcb boards to arrive which hopefully.. will be the first set of fully functioning boards.

And also need to either buy a 3d printer, or send through a design to a 3d printing fab house to pop out some cases. Then after that, they'll be ready for some intial testers! 8-)
kidturbo
cars: 05 MB E320
04 Ford F250
Multiple Duramax Powered Boat Projects

Post by kidturbo »

Hi all, new member here. Hopefully I can donate useful info over time.

I stumbled onto a some unknown 11bit GM dynamic pids while data logging a popular aftermarket display on a "08" Duramax diesel. While trying to track them down, I stumbled onto this thread. So here they are, and what I think they might be after eliminating the known pids being displayed where I captured this data. Curiosity got me looking to verify these.

Maybe someone has seen these before with a tech 2 or something. Did a quick search, but those didn't show up here.

7e0 04 2c fa 16 38 mm3 fuel rate
7e0 06 2c fc 00 42 30 3d unknown gauge
7e0 10 08 2c fd 00 0c 00 0d
7e0 21 30 04 Engine Load ?

I have isolated all 11bit GM ARBID's and data sets used for factory instrument displays in late model trucks. The ones streaming all the time for things like engine temp, speedo, rpm,ect. Not OBD requested pids, but what the ECM is communicating to other nodes over the bus like the BCM for translation to the dash. Let me know if these are worthy of posting for others.

-K