4L60e shift points

immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

4L60e shift points

Post by immortality »

Out at the drags today, owner wanted to up the WOT shift points to make use of those extra revs so I altered the A/T - Performance mode 1-2 upshift line - KPH Vs TPS and A/T - Performance mode 2-3 upshift line - KPH Vs TPS to suit as well as the A/T - 1 -> 2 Forced Shift Threshhold scalar but the transmission is still up shifting at about the same engine rpm as before the changes were made.

Is there anything else that we need to change that will prevent it shifting at a higher RPM?

Unfortunately no datalogs as I had forgotten the memory card :(

Using BLCC VR V8 bin and VR V8 $11B V1.05 XDF.
immortality

Re: 4L60e shift points

Post by immortality »

The only thing that I can see that could possibly effect the WOT shift points is the Kickdown function?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

theres a few variables here ....

if its in drive then you can use these tables, however if you play with the stick it will use manual mode tables.

how many KPH's did you change them by ?

its probably also worth getting a log, is it commanding a gear change but just taking longer to do it ?

I've only ever played with ecotec auto settings, but I don't recall it being to hard to get it to do what I wanted.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Ahh, ok. I think he locks it in 3rd rather then Drive.

We changed em a fair bit, 1st from 57km/h to 70km/h. 2nd we took up to 140km/h.

If he locked it in 2nd then it would rev out till the limiter but I'm trying to work out the optimal shift points so he doesn't have to shift it manually.

I'll alter the manual mode tables as well.

Cheers :)
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

either that or just get him to drive up the road in drive with the power button on, that should answer it.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Originally I had only altered the tables in power mode but I guess if he locks it in 3rd than it would be swapping to those manual tables :(

It was still a good day though, his first pass on a cloudy miserable day he ran a PB 13.89 and bettered that to a 13.845 (in the afternoon) after braking before crossing the line trying not to break out his dial in of 13.85, all we did was play around with timing. No doubt it's got more in it if he could launch it and it revved out where it's making the power.

Running regular street tyres on the track makes for poor traction out of the hole :(
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

time for street radials ? :D
immortality

Post by immortality »

The issue is he's put some sort of VE rear brake upgrade on it and it won't fit a 15" rim on the rear......
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

ahh yeah ... heard about that .... pretty sure you can get radials in 16's ?
immortality

Post by immortality »

Probably can, 16" rims are just an odd bloody size (to me anyway).

Previously he did borrow some rims/tyres from somebody else and even though they were old and very well used they did improve it. I guess he just needs to find something that fits and falls within budget.

edit: doing a quick search online there are some 16" street radials but very limited selection to say the least :(