My Delco Powered Project

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
MOPAR
cars: Delco'd '57 Chrysler Royal
'62 XL Falcon

My Delco Powered Project

Post by MOPAR »

here's a couple of pics of my delcoed ride. It's a 1957 Chrysler Royal. Currently runnig a EA CPI throttle body using $12p set as 2 cyl, I've done the basic tuning to get it to start and idle rev ect. but need to get it on the road to get serious about tuning under load and of course at WOT (datalogging while doing burnouts in the shed isn't giving me a lot :thumbup: ). Once the car is finished I'll think i'll change it to a MPI setup.

Holden202T

Re: My Delco Powered Project

Post by Holden202T »

nice! paint work looks tidy, bet your keen to test drive it not just for the tuning!!

umm ... yeah i'd be getting rid of the 2 barrel too, its only gonna restrict it i reckon ... never the less, good work in getting it running thus far!

what size is the engine, and whats been done to it ?
MOPAR
cars: Delco'd '57 Chrysler Royal
'62 XL Falcon

Post by MOPAR »

The engine is pretty well a stock standard 318cu, by my calculations the throttle body should flow about 350cfm so it will probably run out of puff premiturly. My original plan was to use a 6pack manifold a have 3 of these throttle bodies but due to the injector impedance I would need to modify the injector driver circuit to keep the smoke in the electronics. once the car is engineered and on the road I will build up one of my spare motors for some real HP, forced induction I reckon :punk:
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Nice one mate, the car looks neat as :thumbup: Nice neat injection system too.