VS-VY Enhanced Factory Bins

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins

Post by Dylan »

I think the 424's have spark cut with 11P.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

12P doesnt have spark cut because the '808 family of ecus has a hardware chip driving spark which fires with the amount of timing it was last asked to deliver automatically when its running. '424 based computers (and later, such as all the1's enhanced bins use) moved spark on to the main CPU so 11P and these operating systems can with software mods. The DFI is fine, leave the bypass line set for ECU spark control and if you dont send a spark signal the spark event is missed.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

antus wrote:12P doesnt have spark cut because the '808 family of ecus has a hardware chip driving spark which fires with the amount of timing it was last asked to deliver automatically when its running. '424 based computers (and later, such as all the1's enhanced bins use) moved spark on to the main CPU so 11P and these operating systems can with software mods. The DFI is fine, leave the bypass line set for ECU spark control and if you dont send a spark signal the spark event is missed.
Ah that's right sorry the tune I did for him was based on an HSV VS and was with 11p
So the 808 doesn't have spark bypass?
So that must mean the early vp hsvs and didn't have knock control?
All my work is done with Maf bins so not that clued up on 808s
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

antus wrote: The DFI is fine, leave the bypass line set for ECU spark control and if you dont send a spark signal the spark event is missed.
So from this if you were to leave for example the 4800rpm colomns and above with blank entry's in the main timing map (low and high) you should theoretically get no spark above that? Crude way but could do the job?
Assuming TP allows you to upload blank entry's?
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

There was knock control on 808's
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

hsv08 wrote:
antus wrote: The DFI is fine, leave the bypass line set for ECU spark control and if you dont send a spark signal the spark event is missed.
So from this if you were to leave for example the 4800rpm colomns and above with blank entry's in the main timing map (low and high) you should theoretically get no spark above that? Crude way but could do the job?
Assuming TP allows you to upload blank entry's?
No, there is no such thing as blank in the tune. Its a value whatever way you look at it, maybe zero, maybe something else depending on the equation. You need to set spark cut RPM with software which supports it on hardware which supports it to skip the spark event. eg 11P, on '424 computer - flag "Set - Enable Spark Cut Rev Limit" for both [Econ] and [Power] modes (or can be set differenly if you want to make it toggle with button press) and set "Run Params - High RPM Fuel/Spark Cut - Upper" to the upper limit and if you want a hard cut set "RPM Below Upper To Begin Spark Reduction" to 0.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
The1

Post by The1 »

does anyone have or know how to make a excel spreadsheet to interpolate values, say 2 tables the same, but the top row has a different scale on one than the other.
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

The1 wrote:does anyone have or know how to make a excel spreadsheet to interpolate values, say 2 tables the same, but the top row has a different scale on one than the other.
I'm sure I built a spreadsheet doing what your asking. I was converting the maf signal from one table to the maf signal of another.
I ended up with a formula that was offset by the difference of each table?
What is it your wanting to achieve?
The1

Post by The1 »

if i change the range on an existing table on one axis i want to rescale the values to be correct.
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

antus wrote: No, there is no such thing as blank in the tune. Its a value whatever way you look at it, maybe zero, maybe something else depending on the equation. You need to set spark cut RPM with software which supports it on hardware which supports it to skip the spark event. eg 11P, on '424 computer - flag "Set - Enable Spark Cut Rev Limit" for both [Econ] and [Power] modes (or can be set differenly if you want to make it toggle with button press) and set "Run Params - High RPM Fuel/Spark Cut - Upper" to the upper limit and if you want a hard cut set "RPM Below Upper To Begin Spark Reduction" to 0.
Ok so i just did a test, i put blank values into the 2200 to 4800 rows (only on the high octane values)
Uploaded and started car. reved car to the 2200 rpm area. timing dropped all the way to zero degrees advance.
Engine definatly dropped power as more throttle was required to hold rpm. so to confirm if any table has a blank value it will drop back to its (starting?) value.
Have a log and bin if anybody wants it.