Z16SE engine maps

European GM ECUs and PCMs
VX L67 Getrag

Re: Z16SE engine maps

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I've had a little more of a play just viewing in hex so really just guessing but it all looks reasonably o.k. except for the low rpm VE.
Attachments
z16se(start only).xdf
(17.77 KiB) Downloaded 485 times
marius popescu
cars: Opel Astra G
Z16SE

Post by marius popescu »

Tell me please , what am I doing wrong ? because the maps look strange , not as I've seen before .

Thank you !

Lated Edit :
I found how to open the maps. I didn't know the xdf file is just the define for the map . This is how they look :
Attachments
afr2.JPG
afr2.JPG (47.02 KiB) Viewed 7908 times
spark_adv_map.JPG
spark_adv_map.JPG (50.94 KiB) Viewed 7908 times
marius popescu
Z16SE

Post by marius popescu »

Tell me please ,for the spark advance map , isn't too much to have 57 degrees ? Should I have and another maps for the spark advance and the afr or that's all ?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

It does sound like a lot. Its probably a part of the map which the engine doesnt get to in normal operation, when your at max rpm and back off the power if probably falls back to closer to the 45-47 part of the map, and there may be other limits in the tune. I'd still call it sloppy on the factorys part, but they might have known something I dont. Usually when something looks strange in a factory tune they did have a reason and you dont find out what it was until after you change it to 'fix' the problem. :lol:
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

it was just a quick put together for xdf & there is 6 spark maps I found so who knows how they all work!
marius popescu
Z16SE

Post by marius popescu »

Hello !
Meanwhile , I broke the ECU ! :(
I bought a KWP2000 Plus interface. I read the flash content . I said "ok , the tool works" . Then I tried to download a new flash into the ECU . After this I've got an error : "general reject" .
Then I tried to download the flash using a galletto 1260 , and I get "seed key SK1 " error .
I tried to connect the OPCOM , but I receive negative response .
Tell me please ,what can I do ? Is there something that can be done to recover the ECU? When I will arrive home I will attach the memory content that KWP "sees" .
Help me , please .
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

So the file you tried to flash back to the ECU was it from another model or did you modify yours using the xdf & try flashing it?

I did have troubles a month ago flashing with KWP seeing it's only the cal you can't use a file from another car & then if you do flash it without knowing KWP won't recognize it as an actual file & can't connect at all!!

My little hack to work around it was plug another ECU in that was the same type & get KWP to connect to it, then while still in boot mode I plugged the dead ECU in & then told KWP to write the original file & made it come back to life!
marius popescu
Z16SE

Post by marius popescu »

First I tried to flash the modified file ( this file is based on my original one but just with a little change) -> general reject error appeared . Then I tried to flash with the original one .
Nice hack ,really , thank you for the tip .
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

You wont be able to modify the original file with the XDF I posted as winols showed 2 checksums & I don't know how to ad them to the XDF or even identify where or how they work!

I hope you have another controller the same to do my little hack/fix!
marius popescu
Z16SE

Post by marius popescu »

I didn't make that change , I asked someone else to do it . Could be possible the problem is the file?
I though the problem was the flashing tool .