Delco OSE FlashTool V1.51

Programs / Tools / Scripts
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Re: The FlashTool V1.19

Post by vn5000 »

Is it just me , or does anyone else have problems downloading flash tool from box.
I can get it downloaded but it takes several goes . After i hit save it shows part of file downloaded but will not download the rest , it just hangs . :?:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i haven't experienced problems with it.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Seems to work for me on two different intenet accounts. Have noticed some little display issues using mozilla under linux but under windows explorer its fine for me.
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Post by vn5000 »

As no one else has this problem i set up another pc last night and tried downloading flash tool from box and had no problems at all .
I noticed that the page that is displayed on this pc is showing me a warning box that says "warning this file is executable" whereas the other pc that is downloading it properly does not show this warning box .
Strange , as i have no probs downloading from any other site.
Anyway thanks for help VL400 and HOLDEN 202 . :comp:
malser

Post by malser »

Hello Please Answer the following questions:
1 Does somehow file BinaryDefinitions 161009.hml to process read and write firmware. Or it is only for indifikatsii firmware.
2 What does this line in the log "Please Submit This Code For Vehicle Support: a4b128e9e628325b6143ab61d38da "
3. What does Device ID F4 Should it be changed and how
4 What it means HeartBeat 0x08 Should it be changed and how.
Sorry for many questions and thanks in advance for your answers.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

malser wrote: 2 What does this line in the log "Please Submit This Code For Vehicle Support: a4b128e9e628325b6143ab61d38da "
Its for the identification of your ecu. If you can figure out the Device ID, it can be automatically detected and if you tell us what make and model and year of car this can be displayed.
malser wrote: 3. What does Device ID F4 Should it be changed and how
In the ecus we commonly have here It uses device ID F4 meaning any command a program wants to send to the ecu starts with 0xF4. The ID could be anything, you maybe be able to find it by googling, or finding a way to monitor the bus and trying the device ids you see on the wire, or by trial and error, although there are 256 possibilities. Once you get it right you will be able to connect to the ecu and download the rom if it is < 64k in size.
malser wrote: 4 What it means HeartBeat 0x08 Should it be changed and how.
Depending on the year - newer ECUs have a regular message which the software needs to synchronise with in order to transmit when there is silence on the bus. It probably is not needed for your ecu, but depending on make/model/year it might be.... Ignore the heatbeat stuff unless you can get a link but find its unreliable.

I dont understand question 1.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: The FlashTool V1.20

Post by VL400 »

>>>> Information on using The Flashtool with a flash based PCM <<<<

Since version 1.20 The Flashtool has official support for VX and VY V6 flash PCMs. It is possible to read and write to ANYWHERE in the PCMs memory. This means you can clone PCMs - ie convert a VX into a VY and the vehicle wont even know. All the security tests will still pass :twisted:

With this though comes a WARNING! While I have tried to test this as much as possible there is always the possibility that something can go wrong with the flash process. If it does then there is a chance that it won’t be recoverable and the flash chip will need to be removed and reprogrammed - I do offer a PCM socketing service :D I would strongly encourage doing a few 'Get Bin' tests and saving copies of these - answer NO to clearing the CPU registers when it asks. There is very important info in the EEPROM (see here ) that is unique to every vehicle. If this gets corrupted and you don’t have a copy even a socketed flash chip won’t help. You won’t be able to start the car and the VIN number won’t match. Before trying to make changes I would advise buying a spare PCM and cloning it, they are really cheap and can always go back to your original PCM.

Cloning a PCM
1) Purchase a spare PCM but do not install it yet
2) Download and open The Flashtool. Under preferences select the com port and from the drop down box select “Flash PCM in vehicle”. Press ok to save the settings
3) Click the “Connect To ECM” button. It will go through a whole heap of things with the final items saying something similar to ..
9:17:29 PM Found VY Flash PCM, BCC: DTCF
9:17:29 PM VIN Of Connected Vehicle: 6G1YK82A23L98xxxx

4) Now you MUST do a few “Get Bin” commands. Don’t do just one, get a few copies. Very important, say no when it asks to clear the internal registers as we need that information later on. Save these as different file names on your PC and keep them safe. If at this point you’re getting data errors or can only sometimes get the entire bin, DO NOT CONTINUE! Ask for help on the forums.
5) At this point you have copies of your original PCM in case you ever need to restore a PCM.
6) Turn everything off, disconnect the battery and install the new PCM
7) Connect to the PCM using The Flashtool. It will go through all the same things as in step 3 and again tell you the details of the device. However at this point you will notice the VIN number won’t be the same and if you tried, the engine won’t start.
8) We need to clone the PCM. Select “Write Bin”. This is the only time you will ever use write bin, DO NOT use this for tuning. When the open file dialog appears, select one of the files you saved earlier. It will write the bin, it takes around 4 minutes. Do not abort or turn the key off, if you do the new PCM will never work again.
9) You will get a popup message about cloning the PCM. You want to answer yes to this.
10) Hopefully you will hear the relays in the car click and a “Binary Write Success!” popup will appear.
11) Try starting the car, it should all work like it did on the original PCM. Use this cloned PCM for any changes and keep the original as your backup.

Tuning changes
I would STRONGLY encourage you to do the above cloning before making changes to a PCM, if not then at the very least do multiple "Get Bin" commands and save the bin files, do not clear the internal register data when it asks.
1) Open The Flashtool and click “Get Bin”. When it asks to clear internal registers select yes. NEVER write this bin if you need to clone a PCM. Clearing the registers is handy if you would like to share your bin with the online community that has helped you. It will now not contain your VIN number and security details.
2) Open TP and with the matching XDF edit the bin with whatever changes you want.
3) Open The Flashtool and click “Write Cal”. DO NOT select write bin, we don’t want to use that as its risky and unnecessary for tuning changes. When the open file dialog appears it will only show cal files so use the drop down box to select bin files. Open the bin file you just edited in TP. It will only write the cal portion, which is the tuning bit.
4) Once the calibration is finished writing a box will appear about an incorrect checksum. Answer yes and when the box appears saying it has failed and to retry answer yes. The checksum of the flash PCM cannot be calculated using the native TP checksum calculator so until a plug-in is written you must write the calibration twice*. After rewriting the calibration with the correct checksum a “Calibration Write Success!” dialog box should appear.
*Note: As of V1.37 there is a Flash PCM Auto Fix Checksum option in the user preferences. This is not enabled by default, selecting it prior to a cal write speeds up the write process. If the checksum has not been fixed in TunerPro, the flashtool will write your new cal with a checksum of FFFF, when finished writing your cal it checksums the PCM and if it does not match (unlikely being FFFF) it will write just the 2 checksum bytes instead of the whole cal segment.
5) Go and test your new tune

Common Problems
I can no longer connect to the PCM and the engine wont start after a write cal: Turn everything off, disconnect the battery or engine fuse for 10 seconds and try again. If you dont fix the checksum the PCM will not reset properly and will be stuck in an unknown state. Make sure you select ok to fix the checksum and retry the write calibration when it asks
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

sweet i might have to go find me a VY ecu :D
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

VL400,
Great work, I'm sure this will help many of us out. Will have to start looking at those xdf's again.

yoda69
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

VL400 wrote:I do offer a PCM socketing service :D
LOL!