festy's Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Re: festy's Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV

Post by festy »

antus wrote:Yeah looks ready to go! :) For a car like that how awesome is it that you can read the codes and get pointed straight to your vac leak! Maybe not so exciting for us lol. :thumbup:
Yeah, as soon as I read the codes I found the problem... but before I thought of checking codes I'd re-flashed the ECU (twice), replaced the ECU, drained and changed the fuel... :oops:
Dazza92VP wrote:Looks good man can wait for the vids of the track day how much more is there to do?

Not much more to do, but I keep getting distracted by other projects.
I think the list is down to something like:
Roll cage padding
Fix exhaust so it doesn't exit directly onto rear tyre (doh!)
Re-set front torsion bars so there's some suspension travel (or modify bump stops?)
Mount the front bumper properly
Get a wheel alignment (or build a jig to do it myself)
Sort out a catch can and radiator overflow bottle
Front tow point
Go over every nut and bolt on the car and make sure nothing will come loose and/or result in a fireball.
Seal all the grommet holes in the floor
Tidy up all the half finished wiring etc
Install some camera mounts
Work out what I'm going to do about a lap timer if I use an old phone w/ aldldroid as a dash/logger instead of my rpi logger
Replace all the vacuum lines - they were new when I started the efi conversion but have now perished and cracked (hence why the vac hose had fallen off yesterday)

And the other thing I need to do is work out a plan of attack for tuning it. Currently it's running a tune that's essentially a stock BLCF 12P cal set to 4cyl, 3 bar MAP and KINJFLOW set to give a reasonable idle.
Seeing as I can't drive this thing on the road and don't have $$$$$ to spend on getting it dyno tuned, I'm going to have to work out the best (and safest) approach for tuning from logs starting from scratch. I'll be brushing up on the tuning guides beforehand :study:
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Thats a great looking car, looks like a proper race car :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

Can you get moving permits over there? We just get moving permits for any cars we stuff around with when we need to road test them but then again we are in wa and there pretty relaxed along as the car looks safe and you have that bit of paper
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

you are allowed to drive in NSW for purposes of getting registration completed, and you should have a letter written outlining where your going and signed and dated etc ....

its either that or trailer it to a dyno!
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Post by festy »

6 point cage, slicks and race seat/harness plus no lights, indicators or wipers... I might be pushing it trying to convince the 5-0 that I'm seriously trying to get a rego check but I can't say the thought hadn't crossed my mind ;)

Wakefield Park have test and tune days that are about $150 for a full day of track access, I took the car out to a couple of these test days years ago before I started the delco conversion. That's a lot cheaper than the fines for the unregistered/unroadworthy/uninsured trifecta.
And I put a deposit on a new tow rig yesterday, so dragging the alfa 2 hours to the track and back shouldn't be as much of an ordeal now.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah thats the go, go out with logging, get data then tune and repeat :D

just keep an eye on wideband and you should be right! another thing you can do at home too is to support the diff on wheel stands and use the brake to load the motor up and see what the wideband does as you get higher into the full load areas.