VCM Suite now accesses EFI Live tunes

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Re: VCM Suite now accesses EFI Live tunes

Post by Tazzi »

Antwon wrote:with hp tuners it uses what they call a "custom os". once you have activated it via vcm edit, than you open vcm scanner and it shows histographs of things like ve - spark - pe and as you make changes to the values it stores it on a ram till your done you copy and paste it to the vcm edit tables than flash it to the calibrations. it that makes sense next time I use it ill take couple screen shots if you like
Ahhhhh, it stores it in RAM. Right! Maybe Iv underestimated how much RAM ECUs actually have. Thats absolutely amazing. :thumbup:

I thought it was uploading the changes.. flashing them into the ecu realtime and continuing to run. Man that could end badly :lol:

Guess the amount of tables they can use is simply restricted by the ECU's RAM limitations. Unless you can predefine the tables you wan to tinker with, make changes to those live.. then flash them in... and change to the next set of desired tables ect? If that makes sense?
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

Tazzi wrote:I thought it was uploading the changes.. flashing them into the ecu realtime and continuing to run. Man that could end badly :lol:
That's how TP5 RT works but it isn't really real time. Real "real time" tuning is when you make changes and they have immediate effect without you having to click an extra button after you have made the changes.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

tunerpro does that too just drag the dots on the graph :D
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

delcowizzid wrote:tunerpro does that too just drag the dots on the graph :D
... thats cool as!
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Off topic I've been looking at both HPT off and on for the past 12 months. I see oj other forums threads get closed people banned etc as it never ends nicely. When there's a EFI Live VS HPT thread.
I'm leaning towards EFI Live from what I've read t has more items defined. I've also read the licensing is cheaper but I walk away confused last time I tried to compare that.

Anyone on here had or have both packages?
Antwon
cars: vx ss. 80 series daily, vk ls1 (project)

Post by Antwon »

ive got both. hp tuners is easier to use for beginners, there lic system works good but its not perfect. basicly you lic a pcm to tune it than if you want to convert it to rtt (real time tuning) you need to use credits to do that, but at the same time hp tuners lets you lic a whole year of that type of engine say 2001 ls1 6 credits you an access them free and still pay to convert to rtt. but at same time if you lic two 2001 ls1s must be from same make ie holden, you get credits to go towards the upgrade buy the unlimted year option so u will have two "free" credits towards the year option. its all on there website how it works and explains it better. now for efi live if you lic a 2001 ls1 you can than convert it to rtt free and install and other custom os that efi uses. both make up for what the other lacks and both are great just boils down to what your gonna use it for. if efi live had the way hp tuners work the credits by that I mean getting a percentage back efi live would be the winner hands down.
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Making it harder to choose :lol:
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

Dylan wrote:Off topic I've been looking at both HPT off and on for the past 12 months. I see oj other forums threads get closed people banned etc as it never ends nicely. When there's a EFI Live VS HPT thread.
I'm leaning towards EFI Live from what I've read t has more items defined. I've also read the licensing is cheaper but I walk away confused last time I tried to compare that.

Anyone on here had or have both packages?

I have both and that's why we developed RTLS1. The first ever real time LS1 tuning tool. No licences to buy.

http://www.dickselectronics.com/page.php?6
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Thans Kojab, I had forgotten about your package.
Is there a demo or read only version available? I'd love to look over the editor.
There wasn't much detail on that page do I need to sign up for more info?

You should start a detailed thread on here with info pics and pricing etc sounds like a good alternative.
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

Your right Dylan I should start up a detailed thread. The RTLS1 was never marketed like other tuning tools that hit the market. We only had to demonstrate it to tuning workshops and they bought it.
My son Andrew and I were the only two people involved with the three year development of the RTLS1 so we had no time or knowledge about marketing. You could say we new we had the best product but did not know how to sell it.

Sorry you can't sign in at my web page. I had to disable it as it was always getting hacked by the Russians or other baltic countries.

I had thoughts about lending a RTLS1 to someone on this forum.