Getting Started Guide

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Getting Started Guide

Post by antus »

Yeah, the for sale threads mention who to contact. Currently its ecm nvram and comms boards = Jayme, aldl interface and pcm nvram = the1.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
alffie

Post by alffie »

Hi Guys
Iam new to this delco tuning, Ive got a 94 VR SS 5L auto and would like to keep the delco ecu for my new engine, but not sure exactly what I need to get so I can set the real time tuning up. Would a VS v6 ecu be a better option then the VR ecu?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

No. Read the guides in the faq (see link near top right). Vr 424 ecm is a good option.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
alffie

Post by alffie »

Hi antus
Have you got a nvram chip?
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Post by Wade »

Hi there new to the site. I've got a 1994 vr statesman 5 litre auto. I'm using tunerpro rt, aldl, moates burn 2 and ostrich emulator 2.0. I've also got an innovative Wideband (not connected yet) and a gtech. I'm new to tuning. I've managed to use the vr hsv bin from on here and using just the burn 2 successfully burnt an eprom with it. It worked fine in my ecu with the moates adaptor besides the check engine light from not running the knock board. I then tried modifying the coolant temp enable to max setting and re burning another EPROM. The car car starts but it's now going into like a limp home mode, it's stuck in 2nd or 3rd gear all the time and the electric fan is always on. Can any one tell me what I've done wrong?
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

Have you turned the checksum off
Wade

Post by Wade »

Yeah I was looking at that last night. Can you give me a run down on how to turn it off? Also once I've maxed out the coolant temp enable and got it all sorted will the check engine light still be on cause I'm not using the knock board
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Yes it will stay on unless you flag the knock sensor. Have a look at our 11P code and copy your VE and spark over to it and burn that.
Wade

Post by Wade »

There ya go, that's so much easier. Cheers Dylan
FBUTE
cars: !961 FB Holden Ute,138
1948 K Bedford Rat,186

Post by FBUTE »

Howdy all.Very newbie here.I have a Grey motor with a VN efi and Delco set up on it.It starts and runs but as yet not enough power to be able to make it a drivable.I have been directed to this site and from what ive read it seems to be the help i need.I have meet a guy locally who has offered to tune but tells me first I need to get a thing called an NVRAM.Please tell me how to get this plus a communication cable.I also have some questions around the whole siamese port thing as well.I have just 3 injectors due to to only having the room to fit three on the inlet manifold.Am also using the VN coil pack set up with a CAS.Have also got the VN knock sensor fitted but my tuner guy has suggested we drop this as it would be set for the VN block not the old Grey donk.I would be keen to read any comments any one has.Cheers