vz v6 e55 ecm vats reset

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Antwon
cars: vx ss. 80 series daily, vk ls1 (project)

vz v6 e55 ecm vats reset

Post by Antwon »

hi i have a vz v6 the ecm carcked it and got a second hand one but it wasnt reset before removed and im unable to change the vin or relink it with hptuners after buying credits much help they have been to me, but from what i read on my snapon scanner manual you need to "ecm reset" before pulling it out or it cant be triggered to relearn new vin or vats signal my question is has any one be able to get around this with other software or worked out how to read and flash bin files to the ecm thanks
cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy

Re: vz v6 e55 ecm vats reset

Post by 0081 »

I think Tazzi can do it for you
Antwon

Post by Antwon »

0081 wrote:I think Tazzi can do it for you
id rather source the software to do it as ive already wasted 6 hpt credits at 75 each to get this far and being a mech im sure ill come across it again down the track but ill keep him in mind
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

His software may be cheap at the minute being in development. Worth a look.
Antwon

Post by Antwon »

Dylan wrote:His software may be cheap at the minute being in development. Worth a look.
Tell ya the truth i wouldnt mind trialing out development software ill msg him for info and if he selling atm cheers
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Antwon wrote:
Dylan wrote:His software may be cheap at the minute being in development. Worth a look.
Tell ya the truth i wouldnt mind trialing out development software ill msg him for info and if he selling atm cheers
What your looking for is the ability to brute force the VZ V6 security reset.

Resetting isnt just a matter of sending a generic command to the car which instantly makes it delink.
The ECU (As well as the PIM) use a special four digit number which security links them together. This four digit number is what actually needs to be entered into a scantool to be able to reset the ECU security... without this code... the ECU is literally about as useful as a brick.

Once the ECU has been reset, it can be placed in car and then security linked in (No numbers need to be punched in).
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

I'd love the ability to do this also :thumbup:

VZ commodores are at their market 'price point' so new ECU's are hard to sell now..
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Biggvl wrote:I'd love the ability to do this also :thumbup:

VZ commodores are at their market 'price point' so new ECU's are hard to sell now..
Its unbelievable how many of these ecus are failing on almost a daily basis now.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

My mate's on his 4th one he keeps sending his away don't know if they are just reflashing 2nd hand ones or what but he's over it just parked the car and forgotten about it lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

delcowizzid wrote:My mate's on his 4th one he keeps sending his away don't know if they are just reflashing 2nd hand ones or what but he's over it just parked the car and forgotten about it lol
:lol:
Its the bloody connectors. I installed two into the same VZ V6. We figured out what was killing them, he was high pressure hosing down the engine bay to clean it... which super soaks the damn ECU!

Finally on the third.. no more engine bay water works... and its all hunky dorey. :thumbup: