Vy cluster bench wiring

Wiring diagrams and questions
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Vy cluster bench wiring

Post by hsv08 »

Have a vy cluster that I have wired for the bench. I have got 1 12v constant hooked up, 1x 12v ign, 1 earth and the serial wire hooked up to cluster.
If powers up fine from a 12v 10amp jaycar supply unit. All lights up and performs its check then has its check engine low fuel and contact service warnings up.
Obd port has been wired so pins 5&6 have been joined and are earthed 16 with constant and the serial wire has been hooked straight to clusters serial.

But tazzis body diagnostics program can detect the cluster? I'm not sure how to connect with ose either to check its properly wired?

I'm wanting to be able to bench program the cluster
Anybody help me out?
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vy cluster bench wiring

Post by Dylan »

Wondering if the cluster uses a different pin than the PCM does on the OBD connector?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

His software needs a bcm attached
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

I just found this post. Looks as though I'm wired up to the engine bus not the cluster.
Will rewire tonight to check.

Short of that can the cluster be hooked up and ose be used to to see any commands without a Bcm?
Attachments
image.png
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Dylan wrote:Wondering if the cluster uses a different pin than the PCM does on the OBD connector?
BCM needs to be attached :thumbup:

It expects that it is in car.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Ahhhh. Ok. So I will need to purchase a Bcm also. Do you have a wiring diagram for the pins that need to be connected?
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

hsv08 wrote:Ahhhh. Ok. So I will need to purchase a Bcm also. Do you have a wiring diagram for the pins that need to be connected?
Not something I have on my handy right this moment. The app was intended to be used in car hence the need for the BCM. Pretty sure a quick google of something like "VY Workshop manual" should fid you a nice manual full of diagrams :thumbup:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Tazzi wrote:
hsv08 wrote:Ahhhh. Ok. So I will need to purchase a Bcm also. Do you have a wiring diagram for the pins that need to be connected?
Not something I have on my handy right this moment. The app was intended to be used in car hence the need for the BCM. Pretty sure a quick google of something like "VY Workshop manual" should fid you a nice manual full of diagrams :thumbup:
No worries thanks tazzi. I have a Vt Vx vy manual here but the Bcm part of it doesn't have any pinouts. I thought we had one in the wiring category but can't find it there either.
Will keep searching :)
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

So after numerous diagrams and comparisons between vy's vz's and vt's, i finally have a vt bcm hooked up and working, along with a VY trip computer/switch
I have a HI BCM hooked up so obviously the vy dash is coming up with the rear lamp fuse fail and rear brake bulb fail. these i can get around with a relearn if i hook up the park lamp input and brake switch input.
But what i am now dealing with is ALARM ACTIVATED, which throws the cluster a 6.

Im thinking, if i wire up the VY PCM that i need to reflash a VX code onto to put into my car anyway, with a VATS off write, this should get rid of the ALARM ACTIVATED?
The alarm activated is only coming up because the bcm thinks its being hotwired and ignition is switched on without a valid key signal?
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Maybe you need to ground an input for some door switches? Such as bonnet or boot or door switches. The cluster will alert you when the alarm has been previously activated and even which door or boot was opened. Something to check off anyway.