antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Delco'ed 202 LJ Torana

Post by antus »

The posts should be grounded but it does sound like a short. Can you pm me a clear pic of the top and bottom of the board with posts in it? Also the wires soldered to the ecm circuit board?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Joshua

Post by Joshua »

That last thing ended up being the ECU, replaced that seemed to be fine

Then it started getting hot, which was a dud thermo stat, not very old pretty annoying, anyway all good for about a day...

Next problem, interference from the crank angle sensor making the ecu think the engine was running when the ignition was on
Reconfigure the ignition module, all fixed, time to get on with some driving...... Nope next issue

So according to two other guages the temp gauge is sitting 15-20 degrees high at operating temp, it will fluctuate between 115 and 105 and I'm getting a map error and the map doesn't read when the car isn't running, and I'm sure it used to work with just the ignition on? Any ideas?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

Is the temp sensor located between the inner and exhaust ports ?
Joshua

Post by Joshua »

Holden202T wrote:Is the temp sensor located between the inner and exhaust ports ?
Yeah, I've got it in the second one from the front the first is stuffed

Did you ground everything straight to to motor?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

that will be your problem, the exhaust ports heat the area and skew the readings, I used to get 10-20 degrees higher temps there then my dash gauge read, I moved the sensor to the thermostat housing and then it was always the same as my dash gauge!