BA-BF -FG Falcon ECU Bench testing harness

Ford information and tools can be found here
80gus

BA-BF -FG Falcon ECU Bench testing harness

Post by 80gus »

So i know this forum is more for the Delco stuff but thought id share, I've started to play with the BA-BF-FG Ecu's I have made myself a bench testing unit, and have tested reading with HP Tuners. I found it hard to find the wiring diagrams/ pinouts ect, so I've made up a simple drawing to share with others that would like to bench test Write/ read these ecus.
From what I've found after reading a number of ecu's some of the BA Ecu's have no identifying number VIN or serial and to do anything to these with HP you have to manually type the vin. and BF -FG have no Serial number just a vin
BA take about 5 mins to read/write, BF 3 mins, and FG about 2mins.

Please Note Corrected drawing.
Updated due to photo-bucket
Last edited by 80gus on Mon May 14, 2018 1:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: BA-BF -FG Falcon ECU Bench testing harness

Post by antus »

Cool, thanks for posting.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Nothing constructive to add except that (maybe) we aren't too biased against Fords........ :D
80gus

Post by 80gus »

immortality wrote:Nothing constructive to add except that (maybe) we aren't too biased against Fords........ :D
Oh Im a GM Man myself. Have you ever tried tuning these things, so backwards!!! but as i do a few conversions I have to cross to the dark side time to time :)
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I think there are plenty here who do or have looked at fords. Im considering starting a ford area for this type of content. You'll see it if it comes, ill search out what ford threads I can find and move them there and probably stick this one. Lets keep this thread on topic though.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

80gus wrote:My next step is figure out how to change the VIN without using Generic (Paid credit software). If any body has any leads on where is start don't be afraid to share. From what I've found after reading a number of ecu's some of the BA Ecu's have no identifying number VIN or serial and to do anything to these with HP you have to manually type the vin. and BF -FG have no Serial number just a vin
When using Ford IDS.. it reads out the VIN on startup from my BA XR8?
I havent actually recorded whats going on at the beginning.. but Im assuming its getting it from the ECU..

I figured all BA ecus would have a VIN saved in them?? Odd if theres some that dont?
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
80gus

Post by 80gus »

Tazzi wrote:
80gus wrote:My next step is figure out how to change the VIN without using Generic (Paid credit software). If any body has any leads on where is start don't be afraid to share. From what I've found after reading a number of ecu's some of the BA Ecu's have no identifying number VIN or serial and to do anything to these with HP you have to manually type the vin. and BF -FG have no Serial number just a vin
When using Ford IDS.. it reads out the VIN on startup from my BA XR8?
I havent actually recorded whats going on at the beginning.. but Im assuming its getting it from the ECU..

I figured all BA ecus would have a VIN saved in them?? Odd if theres some that dont?
yep early BA Have no VIN recorded. I Found .
80gus

Post by 80gus »

deleted wrong information
Last edited by 80gus on Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rolls
cars: bf xr6t falcon

Post by rolls »

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4940&p=71368#p71368

Once I get my flash write working I'll be able to easily edit the VIN (easy to find in the binary). Stay tuned for more.

BA is different to BF/FG so not surprised it was bricked. The memory layout is different (larger) and so are the flash routines.
peter351

Post by peter351 »

80gus wrote:So i know this forum is more for the Delco stuff but thought id share, I've started to play with the BA-BF-FG Ecu's I have made myself a bench testing unit, and have tested reading with HP Tuners. I found it hard to find the wiring diagrams/ pinouts ect, so I've made up a simple drawing to share with others that would like to bench test Write/ read these ecus.
From what I've found after reading a number of ecu's some of the BA Ecu's have no identifying number VIN or serial and to do anything to these with HP you have to manually type the vin. and BF -FG have no Serial number just a vin
BA take about 5 mins to read/write, BF 3 mins, and FG about 2mins.

Please Note Corrected drawing.
Hi 80gus , how did you bench harness come along ? Any updates.