vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Berry tuning tool

Post by vlad01 »

^ he just wanted to use that smiley so bad. I had to tell him where to get it from lol.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
rolls
cars: bf xr6t falcon

Post by rolls »

The guy who is running the place is called Aaron Hunter, he msgd me saying I'm asking for intellectual property, once the patent is passed we can view that he said.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

rolls wrote:The guy who is running the place is called Aaron Hunter, he msgd me saying I'm asking for intellectual property, once the patent is passed we can view that he said.
Intellectual property?!?!
I can understand putting a patent on the design.. but he can't patent abilities already available (from factory) built in the cars ECU.
As for the design,looks like an arduino and CAN shield based on what he's written. They are dime a dozen to find. So are the CAN libraries to go with them. So he cant patent that design as much as he wants.. going to do f*ck all in regards to what the device is doing.

Just cause I can simulate CAN data to a cluster.. doesnt mean no-one else in the world is allowed to do that.. nor does it mean no-one else in the world has done that!\\

He's attempting to hide something that can literally be sniffed out even using a standard ELM (Ironically).
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
rolls

Post by rolls »

I think he is patenting the auto tuning / modelling algorithm
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

rolls wrote:I think he is patenting the auto tuning / modelling algorithm
Yeah I guess that would be it.
Theres a million ways to tune, any slight change would make a completely different tuning model. Be good to hear some finer details when (if?) he ever goes into it.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
rolls

Post by rolls »

Well I got blocked from the FB page after asking if a single person anywhere in the country has actually trialled the device.

I'm convinced it is a scam now as they are hiding behind "this is IP you are asking for" when I'm asking for evidence the device actually works. There is no current discussion on their page and all questions asking how it works are deleted.

It also supports obscure vehicles that don't have OBD2 and aren't available in Australia so I have no idea how they could have tested it on them.
Last edited by rolls on Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Got a link to the FB page?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
rolls

Post by rolls »

vlad01 wrote:Got a link to the FB page?
https://www.facebook.com/berryrobotics/?fref=ts

PM him and post on his wall, if enough people ask him maybe he will answer.
Last edited by rolls on Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

If you are really concerned about this you can report him to departments like fair trading or the ACCC and ask for the claims to be investigated by an impartial investigator.

Chasing him around the internet (and that is what now appears to be happening) won't really have all that much of an effect unless you post something on a site (like this) draw his attention to it inviting him to verify his claims. If he looks at what has been written and replies you have your answer, if he looks at it and doesn't like what has been said and then chooses to take legal action you may have a problem and also create a problem for this site and it's owner(s). Be very aware it is illegal to use a carriage (meaning communications) service to harass someone. If he thinks, and can substantiate, that he is being harassed you may have created a problem.

Not taking sides I just think people need to think about what they are doing and how it may affect others.