Sequential injection
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10015
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Sequential injection
Ive got a 16233396 in front of me, and theres nothing significant missing. I dont have a 16234531 to compare and I cant find any pics of the PCB. I know The1 has spent countless hours developing software for the MAF PCMs and running bench hardware so I would assume hes right. Does anyone have any pics of a 16234531 circuit board to compare? The1, are you sure about the v6 pcm running the v8 including being able to drive 8 physical injectors? I assume if it was short 2 drivers because they were so similar in that era it'd run the code on the bench and not be a problem 'till it was in a car.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
jezza351
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 8:49 am
- cars: vr ss comodooree
Re: Sequential injection
I have one in the shed , I'll take it apart and take a few picsantus wrote:Ive got a 16233396 in front of me, and theres nothing significant missing. I dont have a 16234531 to compare and I cant find any pics of the PCB. I know The1 has spent countless hours developing software for the MAF PCMs and running bench hardware so I would assume hes right. Does anyone have any pics of a 16234531 circuit board to compare? The1, are you sure about the v6 pcm running the v8 including being able to drive 8 physical injectors? I assume if it was short 2 drivers because they were so similar in that era it'd run the code on the bench and not be a problem 'till it was in a car.
-
MAGP
- Posts: 665
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
- cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.
Re: Sequential injection
This is a really good thing, 531 PCMs can be quite expensive sometimes depending on availability at the time so being able to use a 396 would be very helpful in cases where engines swaps have a wiring loom but not a PCM.
-
jezza351
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 8:49 am
- cars: vr ss comodooree
Re: Sequential injection
Hopefully they will do 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10015
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Sequential injection
I dont see any major differences from a quick look, same IC count. Different placement of the SMD components in bottom right, more components in place on the v6 (v8 has 2 less). Not sure what they do. Would be good to try it.
Excuse the dust, this ones been in a stack of pcms for a while with no lid!
Excuse the dust, this ones been in a stack of pcms for a while with no lid!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
yoda69
- Posts: 1226
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
- cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual - Location: Geelong, VIC
Re: Sequential injection
I would have also thought with the knock board removed from the memcal and hardware now in the ECU they would be "tuned" for a V6 or V8 as per the old knock boards.
I have ran code on the bench in the past and appears to run ok, but like most others have assumed it's a couple of injector drivers short.
If they were identical I'm sure they would have had the same service number, just a matter of whether the differences are something that can be compromised/catered for in the tune.
I have ran code on the bench in the past and appears to run ok, but like most others have assumed it's a couple of injector drivers short.
If they were identical I'm sure they would have had the same service number, just a matter of whether the differences are something that can be compromised/catered for in the tune.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10015
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Sequential injection
If that is the case it might just be a case of removing those 2 components. Anyone want to send me a vt v8 to test with?
(jokes)
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
jezza351
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 8:49 am
- cars: vr ss comodooree
Re: Sequential injection
You can have the one I pictured if you want , I have no use for it and has been in my collection for a long timeantus wrote:If that is the case it might just be a case of removing those 2 components. Anyone want to send me a vt v8 to test with?(jokes)
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Sequential injection
Have had V6 ones in V8 cars and run the same, def running all 8 injectors, knock responds the same, I've compaired boards like above but found nothing major different, the V6 and V6 s/c are also the same but n/a is missing the fuel pump speed control, I'm not sure about flash pcms as none are used in V8 anyway, happy to be proven wrong.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Sequential injection
Very interesting thanks