67panel
cars: 68 SWB Series 2a Landrover
00 Defender 130 Dual Cab
63 VW Type 3
55 VW Kombi
63 Holden EH Wagon

Re: VS 5L into 2a Landrover

Post by 67panel »

I understand that the injector relays need to be used through the loom and powered, though does the fuel pump need to be as well, or can it be wired in seperately from the commodore loom?

m
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

Here's a thread on Calais Turbo that may be of interest to you http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=192333
67panel
00 Defender 130 Dual Cab
63 VW Type 3
55 VW Kombi
63 Holden EH Wagon

Post by 67panel »

Thanks MAGP, but the link doesn't work :(
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

looks like the website is down
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

Good thing I put it in a word doc then hey, check the attachment.
Attachments
Holden ECU Wiring.doc
(22 KiB) Downloaded 383 times
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

The ecu switches the fuel pump via a relay, how you wire it is up to you. You should let the ecu control it because it'll stop the pump if the engine stops which among other things a safety feature in an accident.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
67panel
00 Defender 130 Dual Cab
63 VW Type 3
55 VW Kombi
63 Holden EH Wagon

Post by 67panel »

Hi everyone,
It's been a long time since I've done anything to the old girl as life got in the way for a bit there, but it's in my new workshop and getting some much needed attention!
I have spent the last week re-making the engine mounts, changing the chassis and altering a whole heap of stuff on the car as I was never happy with it the first time around!
I'll post up pics if anyone wants to see them?
So by tonight I will be back to where I left off last time and I have since decided to get rid of the factory banana manifold from the 5L and instead run with an Edelbrock Victor Junior Manifold and 4bbl throttle body.
As I'm sure some of you are aware, this is my first time mucking around with fuel injection so, I have no idea what I'm doing.
One question I have is, what throttle body would be suitable?
Remembering this is somewhat of a budget build so don't want to spend heaps on one. What do I need to look for in terms of TPS and idle etc on it that will be compatible with the Delco ECU?
Also, I'm not sure if anyone would know if the factory fuel lines will be able to be used along with the factory fuel pressure regulator?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
I'll hopefully be placing an order in the next couple of days!

Cheers...
Matt
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Why complicate things. I am sure the std 5L will have more than enough power for the old landy. Going TBI means a lot more work in my books. There are just as many sensors needed and the same amount if wiring so at this stage I would stick with all the std delco system. At least then when you turn the key it's likely to go and run properly.
67panel
00 Defender 130 Dual Cab
63 VW Type 3
55 VW Kombi
63 Holden EH Wagon

Post by 67panel »

It's more to do with the location of the accell linkages and keeping it look somewhat old school etc.
Going with the different manifold will mean I don't need to run intake pipes and modified linkages etc.
I've worked out that changing it is the best way in the long run, plus the engine will run and breathe better making use of the big cam etc...

m
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

Yea he doesn’t have much space we can always use an old holley carb and get their gm tps kit cut out and block up holes in the carb and turn it into a throttle body and use a remote mounted iac