General Tuning Questions And Discussions
OZ38
cars: VY V6 Commodore ute.
VS V6 Commo sedan.
VT V6 powered 4x4 Hilux ute.

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by OZ38 »

Hi guys,

I tried the ALDLDroid app just now & have had a few issues. Went & downloaded three ADX files from here & saved them into the ALDLDroid adx folder on the tablet.
Hooked it all up & selected the connect to ecu tab. It then asked for a adx so I selected what I believed would be the right one for my vehicle. That being - VS 3 A6 Engine and trans TP5 v104.adx
The vehicle is my 4WD Hilux with the Ecotec V6 out of a VT. It is using a VT ecu without BCM via Marks 4WD Adapters engine loom conversion. I have logged before through my old tired Laptop & TunerPro V5 without problems.
Some history - The reason I selected that adx was because an earlier PM I had with VL400, when I bought one of his V2 loggers, I told him what vehicles I had & he loaded the adx's on the the SD card. I have not used his logger as yet but looked back at the PM to find which adx he had suggested I use.
To quote Ryan for the Toyota Hilux 4WD with ecotec V6 out of a VT model (no BCM) using the Marks 4WD adapters conversion engine loom - " This should use the A6_VS3A.adx ( essentially its a $A5 V6 ADX from a VT but does not look for the BCM). So that VS 3 A6 Engine and trans TP5 v104.adx was the closest I could see ??
Anyway it (ALDLDroid) has no connection to ecu & a message at bottom saying Checksum Mismatch.
If I disconnect from the ECU, I find when trying to reconnect I can't get an option to select another adx file. Thinking maybe when I was originally logging using TPV5 on this vehicle maybe I was using a VS adx like $51 VS V6 Engine and Trans v1.11 WB Innovate.adx, so was going to try with that one.
Is there some one here that could run through the settings on ALDLDroid I should or shouldn't have checked ? Also how to change the selected adx file ?
Pretty sure my OTG cable is working as when it first plugged in it asked if I wanted the USB connection to always go to ALDLDroid.
Last edited by OZ38 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OZ38
cars: VY V6 Commodore ute.
VS V6 Commo sedan.
VT V6 powered 4x4 Hilux ute.

Post by OZ38 »

Ok I got it to go :punk:

Looked in settings and clicked on the Data Stream File line & saw I could change the adx there. So change to two other adx's I had saved to the Droid ADX folder & still got nothing. Went back & selected the first one again.
Then as it was still saying something about Checksum (which computer gumby me knows nothing about what it even means or does) I decide to go into settings again & Checked the "Disable checksum validation".
Well that worked.
I was now seeing the dashboard figures changing 8-)
So I tried a data log for a quick drive up the road & back.
I saved that...somehow. I see it saves as a csv file which looks to me to be a excel file. Not that much use to me to look at later.
In the ALDLdroid folder there is a datalog folder. In that was saved two files at the same time. One is the csv file the other is XDL, or so it says.
Is that file able to be viewed in TPV5 if I save it to a usb & load it on to my laptop where TPV5 lives ?
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Sure can XDL is the go. It can even save it to your Dropbox if you have one. I haven't flashed s new cal yet but it can do. I think Hokden202T has done this on his 424?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

I changed stuff in real time but I haven't used it for cal write that I can recall!
v8slrtorana
cars: HX Holden 5ltr EFI
HX Holden 5ltr carby

Post by v8slrtorana »

Can someone confirm this app does indeed work with a modified 808 with Ant's ECM USB comms.
I have no issue with my hardware as ive been happily using TP5 with a laptop for a while now.

I just get, "Checksum mismatch / No response from ECU" when i try to connect to ALDLDroid via a genuine Samsung OTG cable

Cheers in advance.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yes it does work. Genuine FTDI chip in our ecm comms interface, which is supported by android out of the box. What ADX are you using?

I just checked the original "OSE_$12PV112_1BAR - Petrol.adx" file from 12P and it is set for no echo. Normally on a PC oseplugin will make that configuration work, but it is the wrong setting for ALDLDroid. You'll need to turn RS232 Echo on for it to work. That might be your problem.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
v8slrtorana
HX Holden 5ltr carby

Post by v8slrtorana »

So for the uneducated like myself, and i can't find cable echo check box in ALDLDroid (but i can in TP5)
Is there no feature ? - Do i need to open the ADX in a hex editor ?
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Maybe modify in tuner pro and do a save as with a new name and load it into ALDL droid.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

theres also an option in aldldroid to disable the checksum check!

settings -> disable checksum validation
v8slrtorana
HX Holden 5ltr carby

Post by v8slrtorana »

^^ Tried both of those options with no success :(