cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Charlescrown »

Good to hear it wasn't anything major. Poor earths can sometimes be very hard to find because with no load voltage they look good that's why it's best to do voltage drop tests with the circuit operating.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah and these commodore/camira looms are starting to get some age about them.... I've seen pins push out the back when you plug into the ecm and funny things like that which keep you scratching your head for ages!
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Post by heff0018 »

It must have been when I finally fitted the ecm into the Camira bracket I screwed to the kick panel. I had to a do a reasonable amount of twisting and pulling to get it into place. It's crazy though it ended up like a factory fit. I remember my VK commodore had the est(?) module in the kick panel and I reckon I could modify a VK kick panel cover to fit.
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

Charlescrown wrote:Good to hear it wasn't anything major. Poor earths can sometimes be very hard to find because with no load voltage they look good that's why it's best to do voltage drop tests with the circuit operating.
Thanks mate it was a big relief.
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

Bit of an update. The Dodge ute went in for its first Dyno session yesterday and it is running quite well now but the idle in neutral without load is still Not perfect, under load it's fine. Not the fault of the tuner but could be either problem injector or the short runner intake manifold design and fuel scavenging between cylinders. I know this same short runner design was A problem for the tuner when I was getting my old hot 265 carb sorted.

Anyway I was there for a couple of hours watching him and he tweaked plenty of settings that in hadn't considered and I learnt plenty. I know my old tuner wasn't overly talkative and you wouldn't be welcome to watch him work so it's a bonus having someone you can learn off. Unfortunately i only had half a day off work so i missed a lot of good stuff, next time I will take the whole day off and spend the day there.

So it drives really well now and power was increased by about 10% during the session. Next we are fitting a wire from the trans to I think B10 to signal when the ECU knows when it's in gear on neutral and getting a VSS cut into the speedo cable to provide a speed signal to the ECU. Then it's back for more tuning.
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

Good work ! How many killer wasps did it make ?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

heff0018 wrote:Next we are fitting a wire from the trans to I think B10 to signal when the ECU knows when it's in gear on neutral
I think this will fix your high idle issues.
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I don't know how your speedo cable fits but if it's a screw on cable to the fitting in the transmission you can get one that fits inline without fiddling with the speedo cable.
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

HQ355 wrote:Good work ! How many killer wasps did it make ?
Ha. not many, not any worth mentioning anyway. it is still a stock 265 and now with low compression waiting for a snail to be fitted.
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

Holden202T wrote:
heff0018 wrote:Next we are fitting a wire from the trans to I think B10 to signal when the ECU knows when it's in gear on neutral
I think this will fix your high idle issues.
Hope so. Its definitely an issue being an auto when the ECU thinks its a manual.