Programs / Tools / Scripts
dzidaV8
cars: 2006 Pontiac GTO
1992 Pontiac Trans Am Convertible
1988 Pontiac Firebird L31 Vortec swap

Re: PCMHacking.net LS1 Flash Tool - comment thread

Post by dzidaV8 »

Thanks for your responses and help!

As you suggested, I changed all the locale settings to Australian, except windows displayed language (you have to have Win Enterprise or Ultimate to do that without reinstall). It didn't help.

With the locale set to Australia, I uninstalled all the .NET frameworks, and removed .NET 3.5 from Windows functions. Then I rebooted and installed newest .NET (4.7). No change :(

Here is the dump file after all the changes I did:
Attachments
Crash data.zip
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 381 times
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I had a look at this crash file too. Its the same error. I can see a few DLLs running under the ls1 flash process which are not part of ls1 flash. Specifically there are some Nvidia CoProcManager DLLs, and the usual assortment of files under Windows SysWOW64 and System32. I would assume some version of something is affecting it. Clearly thats not helpful. But at this point though I dont really have anything else to add.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
dzidaV8
cars: 2006 Pontiac GTO
1992 Pontiac Trans Am Convertible
1988 Pontiac Firebird L31 Vortec swap

Post by dzidaV8 »

Finally! I installed .NET 3.5 on that ancient laptop with virgin Win XP and it works!

But I have another question, antus. I got a 411 PCM that I succesfully read and written with Dimented's Flash tool. It is a 411 pcm from a truck with 9381344 operating system originally.
Then I updated the PCM using Tech 2 SPS to the newest bin for the same VIN. It changed OS to 12205612. No problem reading/writing with Dimented's LS1flash tool after that.

Then I wanted to get a virgin calibration for another car I'm tuning, I programmed the PCM with a VIN for 2002 Camaro SS with 12212156 OS using Tech 2 SPS. Everything went OK and the PCM is working in the car, but after that SPS flash I can't start programming session using Dimented's tool.

I know that it's about a different flash tool, but bear with me.

After SPS flash, the PCM reports the programmed VIN until I remove the power completely. After restart, the VIN on Tech 2 is shown as *********** or "VIN not programmed". Your tool will leave the VIN blank, and when I try to write any VIN, it says it's already programmed to that VIN ( no matter what VIN I enter).
I reprogrammed the PCM again using SPS and without removing power connected your tool. It showed the VIN correctly and allowed me to change it. Hovewer, after power off VIN is again blank.

Is this PCM bad? Maybe PCM expects BCM signals? I'm doing it all on the bench.
One more thing, the SEED during BIN read is shown as 0000, and I think that's why Dimented's tool has problems.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Interesting. For everyone else this tool does not require xp and .net 3.5.we know 7,8 and 10 with .net 4, 4.5 and 4.7 have been tested. But if it works for you dzidav8, thats better than nothing.

The bcm wouldnt be needed. Are you letting it run its shutdown procedure by removing the key power but leaving main power connected for a moment before removing it? Seeing the key power go will trigger the shutdown procedure which is when it dumps the config block from ram back to flash.

If you have all the power hooked together and turn it off then the save wont happen.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
BOGSTOCK
cars: supercharged v6 hilux
buick v6 hiace
ecotec hiace
LS1 hiace

Post by BOGSTOCK »

What's the latest version and how do we purchase it.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Its free, its read only, you need to supply the compatible interface (avt-852) and the download is in the main thread.
BOGSTOCK
cars: supercharged v6 hilux
buick v6 hiace
ecotec hiace
LS1 hiace

Post by BOGSTOCK »

Ahh ok, I'm after one that can write std files over tunerlocked ecu's
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

You'll need to unlock them first to
evilstuie
cars: 1985 Pontiac TransAM

Post by evilstuie »

Dylan wrote:You'll need to unlock them first to
How do you unlock these 0411 PCMs?
lccreech
cars: 1999 LS1 Miata
1966 Corvair
2001 986 Porsche Boxster
2005 Jeep Wrangler
2010 Jeep Rubicon
2012 Cadillac SRX

Post by lccreech »

Is there any other tool than Dimented's that will write bins using the AVT-852? BlackBoxFlashApp doesn't work on my 411 PCMs. Where as Antus's LS1FlashTool works great, it just doesn't write.