vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

That's it! House is too much work, maintenance and doesn't last and costs a fortune. Who the fuck whats that? only those that lack logic would buy a house.

I know a guy I worked with and went to school with me who we keep in touch has bought a property not far from me, 50 x 30 shed is whats going on it, and I do believe it will be lived out of, well until his missus says otherwise lol.

I know a old customer of mine in Maldon who did the same, also ran their business from a shed. Only one bay of the shed was used for a fully decked out home inside and the rest was man cave, and the other business shed was the woman cave.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

i'm sure the government or cuntcil will find a way to fuck people over so they can remain trapped in the failing system
i do like that idea of a big fuck off shed with a section converted to a house type proposition inside it (framed, plastered etc)
unfortunately my missus doesnt.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
jenko
cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon

Post by jenko »

living in a woolshed for over 12 years now
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

jenko wrote:living in a woolshed for over 12 years now
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Other news...

Minor update. body is basically done and will be ready for inspection next weekend before paint and will drop off the bumpers then too.

Got the TE 0.250 female spade terminals from RS, exact same ones as Holden had used. :thumbup: I think the rest of the wiring has arrived from EFI connection at the post office.

Only short 14g purple and 12g red/w-black wire which it seems to one in oz can has or can get, but I can get a roll of each from ebay US. Also have to order 3M 4957F double sided tape from the US too :roll: not available here even though 3M is a customer of mine here in Melbourne. Such a convoluted company when it comes to products, different counties and regions have different stuff and can't seem to cross ship anything you want :wall:

That's the tape I need for the bumper inserts as its thick enough like the OEM stuff, the other products they have are 1mm and too thin. Not only that I have to also slit the rolls I get from the US to 6mm wide as they only come in 1/2, 3/4 and 1" wide. Lucky at work we have a roll cutting machine to cut rolls of various stock (print supply stuff) so even though its meant for 36, 42, 60" etc.. rolls I should be able to slit these ones if I chock up the sides with some off cut rolls laying around to keep it true.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Finally managed to pick up a good manual gear knob for the VP S for a reasonable price after a year of searching. Never thought they would get that rare in such a short period of time.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VL-VN-VP-VR- ... 1438.l2649
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Fixed up the lumpy welding from years ago the other week. Helps having burs of the right size and shape to get in there.
IMG_1816.JPG
Inspected the car today. All in primer and high build. Most of it got sorted, few things missed as Garry only told the guys what to do while he was out of state racing. So he's going to look into the check list and job sheet that wasn't made lol :lol: None the less its pretty damn close.

Front bumper dropped off, going to prep the rear myself and have been asked to give the boys a bit of a training on painting them lol, given I know more about the VP specifics that they admitting don't know and they deal with cars that use different plastics than the VN/VP used. So I will be there for the painting.

Also weld to clark rubber and got EPDM square section and flat seals to do the rear quarter window, front head light support and rear bumper iron to body gasket. Can use them on other areas too :thumbup:

Ordered the last of the colour coded TXL wire I managed to track down an ebay sell in the states that had the ones I needed, so I can finally finish that harness.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Head lights and indicators done.

Restored indicators, washed and then the lens cut with 1200, 2000 and then a cutting compound. Like new now :thumbup:

head lights are aftermarket housing with lenses swapped out for genuine NOS. These headlights sold out of All Crash are quite good, 99% identical to the OEM apart from PN in the glass and few tiny details. quality is very good. Its also apparent that they are in themselves old stock or the tooling was produced mid 90s. They are made in Taiwan.

I have some original used globes in there are the aftermarket are shit as I know for a fact the 25 year old ones last longer than any off the shelf ones available now. Not sure if you can buy genuine globes there days? not that it matters as I expect them to last 40 years of daily use from new (early 90s), and lifetime for collector car use.

IMG_1823.JPG
IMG_1824.JPG
IMG_1825.JPG
IMG_1826.JPG
IMG_1827.JPG
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Bumper is ready to wash and have the small nicks and marks spot filled with nitrocellulose putty.

Was going to do that today but I got all the stuff out only to realize the pressure cleaner with the turbo head wasn't there, its my older brothers so he must of taken it home, my big ass industrial one is a pita and since it was 4pm and getting dark there wasn't enough time, so packed out for next weekend.
Attachments
IMG_1829.JPG
IMG_1828.JPG
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

coming along nicely VSH. your OCDness is second to none. good work lad.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Cheers mate!

One thing worth doing on the aftermarket lights is to swap out the seals on the back bulb cover with used genuine as they are rubber where the aftermarket are foam, this will ensure the cover locks in tightly where as the foam ones are generally pretty loose. btw the covers/caps are not swapable due to being totally different locking locations to genuine but the seals totally are dimentionally the same.

Also I ended up bending the lens retaining clips tighter due to slight differences between genuine ones and aftermarket , seal, lens and housing. they are a little loose when genuine lenses are fitted. All sorted now.