265 Hemi to efi

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Charlescrown wrote:I don't know how your speedo cable fits but if it's a screw on cable to the fitting in the transmission you can get one that fits inline without fiddling with the speedo cable.
I've been trying to find one for a Borg Warner 35 but haven't been able to locate one as yet. The tuner put me onto Gaugewworks who can fit one to the speedo cable so this is at least a work around.
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I got mine (for a Jap gearbox) from Airco Auto Instruments in Marrickville. They have a website. Give them a call and see if they can supply one. I think it might be a better option than modifying the speedo cable. The only consideration would be the length of the unit and clearance with the floor.
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

Charlescrown wrote:I got mine (for a Jap gearbox) from Airco Auto Instruments in Marrickville. They have a website. Give them a call and see if they can supply one. I think it might be a better option than modifying the speedo cable. The only consideration would be the length of the unit and clearance with the floor.
Thanks, I agree. I will contact them and see what they have.
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

heff0018 wrote:
Charlescrown wrote:I got mine (for a Jap gearbox) from Airco Auto Instruments in Marrickville. They have a website. Give them a call and see if they can supply one. I think it might be a better option than modifying the speedo cable. The only consideration would be the length of the unit and clearance with the floor.
Thanks, I agree. I will contact them and see what they have.
Maybe they have changed, I called and they didn't want to know about it.
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

This is a bit off topic but thought I would share anyway. Pre fitting and aligning panels on the VH charger

There is going to be a fair bit of welding, filling and griding to get the door gaps any where near acceptable.

This front end took a long time to get together but looking ok except for the front panel to hood alignment, the guards are NOS and I had to refit the original headlight panel which is all spot welded. Both panels are temporarily held together by self tappers so that I can pull and push the two panels into alignment.

Will get back to the Ute, turbo and efi soon.

Cheers
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

painful job, but makes the car look a lot better if its all right!
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

Love the old chargers wish mine was in as good nick as your one. Like Holden202 said worth pain satisfaction at the end is so much better
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

Holden202T wrote:painful job, but makes the car look a lot better if its all right!
The panel fit from the factory especially on the VH's was pretty ordinary to start with so it will make a big difference to have even gaps all round.
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

Dazza92VP wrote:Love the old chargers wish mine was in as good nick as your one. Like Holden202 said worth pain satisfaction at the end is so much better

Yeah there was a lot of work done by the previous owner and a lot by me to get it to this stage. Still lots to go but I'm sure glad I prefit all these panels before going any further. I am in the process of assembling the doors to make sure everything fits ok but lots of small bits missing that I need to find.
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

Hi all, I am looking to hook up the neutral park signal from the trans to the ecu. I am not that great at auto electrical so I thought I should seek some advice so I don't cook the ecu. If the switch signal wire is putting out voltage when in park or neutral is this ok to connect to B10? The diagram shows B10 as an earth circuit. Cheers.