cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

lol, nice one.

No its perfectly matched. I actually thought they painted the inside of the boot lid but they didn't. Also note the door sills, half/half factory and new paint.

Fact is, they look darker with age as the factory Marinello Red darkens with UV exposure, the outside of the car where exposed to the sun was almost a burgundy colour, insides were a lighter brilliant red.

G you just need to change your monitor from girly mode to something more suitable. Looks bright red on my screen, slightly orange in fact.

This is why they sell $4k+ monitors for colour management in printing/colour matching and they need to be calibrated with a spectrograph, something not accessible to the average Joe
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

HQ355 wrote:Fuel lines look like they could have a bit of love
yeah I missed a spot last summer when I was cleaning it. I had enough by then, my lungs and eyes were killing me from the mist of the cleaner and pressure washer blowing it into the air. My eyes just started watering now thinking about it lol
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Prototype time!

fits 99% perfect. Only 3 minor corrections need to be made and the final parts will get the go ahead, they will be printed in metal. :thumbup:
Attachments
IMG_1903.JPG
IMG_1904.JPG
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

thats awesome vlad!
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I cut my special roll at work to make the exact double sided tape I need. We have a roll slitting machine at work, love when things come up millhouse. :thumbup:
IMG_1905.JPG
Decided to make an effort to finish my harness.
Worked out well, still need to finish cabin side and the WB/NB which that will be done in situe for correct length.
I was extremely lucky as my cloth tape literally ran out exactly on the last turn I needed as well as the 19mm conduit, to the exact cm lol.
IMG_1953.JPG

There was some heavy soldering on the last 2 connections for the injector wires. The irony (might as well be a pun), easy as with my soldering iron, but could not even melt the solder on my PC motherboard to replace a few caps where the pads were literally 2mm across. Fucking lead free shit.

IMG_1954.JPG

And finished, well sort of. will need some more tape and conduit and one standard 1 way connector for the serial link.

IMG_1955.JPG
IMG_1961.JPG
IMG_1962.JPG
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Also I got the other side handles. So now I have a complete set of nos interior black handles instead of the usual white handles they get with age.

IMG_1877.JPG
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Got my rotors today.

Pissed off the crappy china bearing cups. Removed the studs and these are now ready for the delta protekt coating.
The rear ones are nice. They had to make them as its a non stocked item.
IMG_1974.JPG
IMG_1975.JPG
IMG_1976.JPG
IMG_1977.JPG
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

they are a nice looking rotor with the black on them and the slots :)
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

The black is going. The delta coating is like a satin silver. Much like OEM engine fastners these days, as thats what the coating actually is in a lot of cases, or if not its geomet. All zinc and or aluminium flake inorganic coating. Basically better than hot dip galvanizing.

Only crap thing is the geomet brand does a disk specific extra high temp product, delta don't have a spesific one, so its rated at much lower temp but I expect it to hold up much better than paint any day of the week. Its primarily more to protect the in and outside of the hat, which don't get any where near as hot as the disk friction areas and edge.

There are disk coating services in the uk that use delta and geomet so it must work good.

https://www.anochrome.com/technical/dis ... -coatings/

All the euro cars these days have these coatings on the OEM disks and it def looks looks and stays on well. DBA offer it on some euro makes of disks under the enshield brand. It sucks that don't offer it for all of their range. I would of bought them already coated otherwise lol
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Garry dropped of the bumper tonight. Mmmmm NOS :P
IMG_1984.JPG
Lol, these are random. :lol: :lol:
IMG_1986.JPG
IMG_1985.JPG