Kalmaker

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Kalmaker

Post by Dylan »

Are you doing this in real time? Cut the VE in half to make sure make a big change. You haven't flagged closed throttle VE? That's the only time it won't be off the main VE table.
Hof360
cars: VG Valiant Hardtop 360 EFI (currently Kalmaker) possibly about to make the jump to 12P

Post by Hof360 »

Yep in real time, and closed throttle VE isn't flagged.

Ill try it again today if i get a chance.
Hof360
cars: VG Valiant Hardtop 360 EFI (currently Kalmaker) possibly about to make the jump to 12P

Post by Hof360 »

Starts, runs, and seems to be accepting adjustments now, I just wasn't pushing commit to ECM button...
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

You can suck your old tune out with the kal board in the new ecu using the oseflashtool.but seems like you are having fun starting over who knows you might get a nicer tune starting from scratch .if you drag graph pointers it will automatically upload if changing tables it uploads on save or commit change .some guys on here setup a keyboard button so yhey use up and down to change value then tap there commit button
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
jenko
cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon

Post by jenko »

download/file.php?id=3695 here's a kalmaker sp3 xdf open up 2 tunerpros at once via the drop down menus it's under tools custom tools new tunerpro instance have 12p bin and xdf loaded in one and your kalmaker tune and that xdf in the other and copy paste what you need to change as a starting point just watch the table rpm spacing and map scaling on the tables it's slightly different rpm steps
great tip used it to compare some tables just out of interest
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

can also compare the stock kal tune to the current one this way to make a short list of changed items to migrate across.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Hof360

Post by Hof360 »

Quick one guys..

with WB and NB o2's connected, and everything else as $12p comes 'out of the box' should I be turning off any learning or are they off by default?

I noticed BLM counts in dash view, but with Kalmaker I always had BLM disabled.

FWIW Im not a huge fan of ve update from narrowband as that was always tuning my ve's lean in the low rpm range back when I first started with Kalmaker.
It took a bit to realize that the NB o2 was just not that accurate until warm and above about 2400 rpm. :rant:

cheers.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Should all be turned off out the box there's 2 flags in the flag section one for narrowband learn and one for wideband learn should be off.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

And there's a flag for force open loop to turn off closed loop to dial in your 've table without getting the narrowband correcting your work
Hof360

Post by Hof360 »

so, If closed loop learn is off the STFT will still make corrections but not apply them to BLM??

did some logging/tuning this morning, Im very happy with the way you can adjust tables ie. click and drag highlight a lean section of table and and increase all cells by a given amount.

I have my full load wot areas close to target AF already.
The cruising ranges are a bit patchy. I adjusted so NB wont make corrections under 2000rpm or below 80celsius but im going to increase this more i think.

I also turned off lean cruise for now, as that was making adjustments.

I have always had a misfire around peak torque area at WOT that wouldn't go away with old system... It's now Gone!