VS-VY Enhanced Factory Bins

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins

Post by Wade »

Yeah that would be good with the vy lean cruise. Stupid me plugged the aldl into the vy club sport trying to use the ls1 flash tool. Since than it’s been playing up. So I’ve either damaged the aldl or corrupted the driver
Wade

Post by Wade »

immortality wrote:It's normal and the IAC should compensate for it to get back to the target idle rpm. For items that consume a large amperage (like thermofans or AC) the PCM will add extra steps to the IAC to compensate for the load on activation.
How do you set the IAT steps if the pcm is adding more steps due to logging? I assume it’s impossible with tunerpro? Tech2?
The1

Post by The1 »

there are various tables to add or remove iac steps depending on what your trying to do.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Wade wrote:
immortality wrote:It's normal and the IAC should compensate for it to get back to the target idle rpm. For items that consume a large amperage (like thermofans or AC) the PCM will add extra steps to the IAC to compensate for the load on activation.
How do you set the IAT steps if the pcm is adding more steps due to logging? I assume it’s impossible with tunerpro? Tech2?
That's a hard one because you have silenced the bus the low speed thermofan is on. I'd just take into account the number of steps it adds for the thermofan and work off that.

I use one of VL400's dataloggers which allows you to log silently, it only logs at half the data rate but it doesn't silence the bus so nothing extra running.
Wade

Post by Wade »

Cool thanks for that. Might need to get one
Wade

Post by Wade »

i got a log today, driving home from work. ive fitted a corvette servo but didnt really make much differance. same old sluggish 4l60e
vy v6 log.xdl
(831.61 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Should only make a different on the 1-2 change. Maybe the trans is plain worn out? I know on our old VS chugging around town the trans was fine but as soon as you got up it it started to slip.
Wade

Post by Wade »

Trans seems ok in the vy but don’t really notice the corvette servo in it. On a 4l60 you do. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the ecu sensing it and correcting it to change as per normal. I fitted it more for towing to add extra clamp load and will doing the trans cooler as well
The1

Post by The1 »

No.learning give it a few psi on gear change, there are 3 scalars default is 3psi set it to 6-8psi should help
Wade

Post by Wade »

chaned the power enrichment enable tps vs rpm. lean cruise time delay and enable temp. both force motor pressure-tps vs speed tables, just copied the vt v8 ones over and bumped 1-2 upshift preesure to 8psi.
vy v6 log1.xdl
(857.08 KiB) Downloaded 215 times