Dyno Graph from Injector Flow Rate & Datalogs

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
Holden202T

Re: Dyno Graph from Injector Flow Rate & Datalogs

Post by Holden202T »

I should see if I can find some logs of my dyno runs .... be interested to see how close it is.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

ok I've obviously done something wrong here ?

The injectors are 2200cc ... but I've divided by 2.3 for methanol ?
Dyno Based on Injector - Gemini Turbo 6.xlsx
(642.78 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
The1

Post by The1 »

Fixed, added option to input BSFC, have included industry standard values for different fuels and boost vs N/A. Have updated a blank template on the first page.
Attachments
Dyno Based on Injector - Gemini Turbo 6 - Added BSFC.xlsx
(642.94 KiB) Downloaded 294 times
The1

Post by The1 »

i updated the sheet for the "Dyno Based on Injector VY Auto Ecotec Comp Cams Stage3 15psi Turbo 81LB Denso injectors v1.1.xlsx" on the previous page, interesting vs yours. What RPM is that dyno graph starting at on yours? From the results it looks like maybe 4500-5000
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah back when I did that the converter was too loose, flared to 5500-6000 as soon as it got on load, so the dyno run was just as best as it could be from there.... and I used the ramp up to that point to get the numbers for 3500 onwards, but they are not WOT till about 5000.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

This is interesting stuff. With AFRs & accuracy I didnt so much mean target AFRs but actual. Eg a poorly tuned car thats targeting 14.5 but actual is 10.0 will be bogged down and not getting the power it should from the fuel thats going in etc. Of course you guys all have decent tuning, but down the track I can see possible confusion from people who dont know what they are doing with bad tunes. With a good tune the results are probably as accurate as the gps 'dyno' software that calculates similar from acceleration vs curb weight but without the disadvantage that most people dont have access to car scales and have to take a real general guess at weight from the official figures plus driver the fuel in the take.

The figures coming up look pretty close to the actual dyno graphs :thumbup:
I just got my gemi on historic rego the other day. I might put it on the road for the first time in a few months and see if I can get some logs. I do have a dyno graph from a few years ago for that car.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

I hope you mean the yellow gemi on historic rego ant :driving:

the other thing to keep in mind too, if your tune is rich it will be showing more fuel going in than is technically needed, which would mean its going to look like more HP than its actually making ??

this is the log of the dyno that I used to get my numbers for above ... the road speed gives you a fair idea of where the converter stops until the run actually starts and the actual AFR is a bit on the rich side, but in the case of methanol it doesn't really kill power like it would with petrol.
dyno log.jpg
the interesting thing from this graph compared to when we recently took the gemini to the dyno, it has a totally different converter in it, same gearbox ratios, same diff and tyres, but it was showing approx. 30kms more road speed, we were struggling to understand how this was possible, then I had the thought of my slippery converter, I think its pretty safe to say the above converter is wasting a lot of HP, who knows, left at 6500rpm for long enough it would probably almost catch up, but its pretty bad.

I did get the converter adjusted but I haven't put it on the track or dyno since doing so, but at least we have the dyno logs to prove it now.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

@Holden202T haha nah the yellow is permanently not eligable for road rego due to being too crazy for the road. The laws changed in SA though so it became a rolling 30 years old (which made Bels Dato 1200 ute eligable) and allowing dept. rego approved modifications... which includes my EFI engine and other tweaks on the red coupe. Both are now rego'd full time for $90/yr each (+ SMASA membership) :)
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

nice :)
The1

Post by The1 »

updated to version 1.2 tweaked things more. Let me know if there's any issues.

Yeh can't really do much if the AFR's aren't tuned to the proper targets.