Any Kodi Box Guru's On Here?

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
D_gee

Re: Any Kodi Box Guru's On Here?

Post by D_gee »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:This may be off topic, not sure but I got a mxPro 4K box to hopefully update to a newer media player than what I was using but seemed more antiquated even though it played newer codecs h265(smaller file size & higher quality) but think it may be similar to a kodi box?
A kodi box is pretty much anything that you can install kodi onto. I got the similar version as you but mini version
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Think mines similar mxpro sounds familiar.
Kodi is just an Android app (and other OS's too)

My box was $50 delivered
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

yes. i have one. i don't use it due to lack of VPN. it had exodus and stopped working. i couldn't get covenant on it as it simply would not update. so re-imaged it. and then it wouldn't work at all. so spent a day or so getting it back to life, and, while it does work now ; i won't use it because theres no VPN client on it.

i do use Kodi on my Mac with no issues via VPN.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yeah android runs on (almost) anything and therefore so does kodi. kodi runs on windows too - you dont need any hardware if you have a windows pc and just want to have a play with it. Its just gone back to its roots too and is available on xbox one. Personally i prefer a windows pc on the tv as pretty much everything has a windows version, but I agree its not as cheap as a stand alone box with a pretty generic system on a chip inside.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396