antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins

Post by antus »

We certainly can, as soon as there is a bin somewhere Im happy to move it and sticky it and add some text about the thread purpose to the new thread. Also happy for any other mods/gurus to get it started.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
The1

Post by The1 »

set one up here with the rest, ill post some tonight, let me know if any changes need to be made.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5736
dusto
cars: VE Maloo GXP
VY Tonner L67
Captiva
SV1000s
ER6-Race bike

Post by dusto »

Hi, i am having a problem with closed loop on my setup, ive changed all the AFR tables to suit E85, but as soon as i plug the sensor back in it decides it wants to command 14.7, this isnt ideal as stoich is down around 9.8. for the life of me i cant find anywhere i can change that, do i have to go the other way and set the tables back to petrol AFRs and change my base injector rate to trick things? not really keen on that after getting my trip computer spot on now, anyhelp would be great
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Post by Wade »

Stoich is stoich if reading from your wideband. Only time it will change is if your reading it in lambda from what I understand. So if your wideband is reading 14.7 even if your using e85 than it’s still stoich 9.8 or what ever it is
The1

Post by The1 »

The factory config on the ECU only knows about ULP and will be 14.7 for stoich and it will be 9.8 for E85. So leaving it as is will work, you can turn closed loop off if you want there should be a flag for it.

Your wideband will be the same as it's using a gas conversion rate for ULP, so use the gas readings to tune by even when using E85 but effectively it will be the right AFR for E85, some new wideband kits have a E85 mode that you can turn on, so the AFR will display E85 readings. Some other kits just use Lambda which will be correct for any fuel with the real reading displayed. A bit confusion but that's how it is, these fuels have hit the market with the market not really supporting them only till of late in some kits.
dusto
cars: VE Maloo GXP
VY Tonner L67
Captiva
SV1000s
ER6-Race bike

Post by dusto »

i would rather talk in lambda,

i have my wideband set up for e85 using this equation in tuner pro (((14.86-4.84)/255)*P)+4.84 my wideband is a innovate lc1
as far as i can figure that will be the e85 AFRs?

So there is no table or setting that can be changed to set the AFR for closed loop to 9.8 ? if not im better of changing my wbo2 back to petrol AFRs and all the tables i changed back to the petrol equivilants aswell, Then use the Injector Multiplier to get the extra fuel delivered this is what i had originally done but after research i figured changing the AFRs was the correct way of doing it .
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Have posted in your other thread how to change the closed loop AFR. I think that will sort the issue you have.
The1

Post by The1 »

dusto wrote:i would rather talk in lambda,

i have my wideband set up for e85 using this equation in tuner pro (((14.86-4.84)/255)*P)+4.84 my wideband is a innovate lc1
as far as i can figure that will be the e85 AFRs?

So there is no table or setting that can be changed to set the AFR for closed loop to 9.8 ? if not im better of changing my wbo2 back to petrol AFRs and all the tables i changed back to the petrol equivilants aswell, Then use the Injector Multiplier to get the extra fuel delivered this is what i had originally done but after research i figured changing the AFRs was the correct way of doing it .
But your controller is still working on Petrol AFR's... Changing the output value on the other end is just the interpretation. Ideally see if your controller has some software so you can change it's Sensor reading mode to E85.
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Post by Wade »

The1 what’s the early ls1 maf good for? I seen 10.700hz out of it, would that be getting close to its limit?
The1

Post by The1 »

Have a read of the Enhanced Mod General Information.pdf page on the first page, that's as much as i know, though mileage vary's it seems with used, perhaps newer sensors they have pushed the heating limits on some sensor wires?

Limited Testing but ive found that having just the sensor wires clean is not enough, keeping the bars they are attached to clean helps to, perhaps a resistance thing i dont know, but only tested on a couple of cars but maf hz seems to be more responsive if the whole assembly is clean. I just got metho with a cotton bud on an angle to wipe of the bars.

Personally if not going to big, like 12psi and worked engine limit then go a silver delphi maf or the black plastic acdelco unit. If anything more then you may as well get the card maf, then your set for anything you can throw at it.