265 Hemi to efi

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Cheers, thanks for that. There are no corrosion issues on the Val deck/head. The MLS gasket seem to have a type of soft sealant ridge around all coolant holes which I assume squish flat to make the seal.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Yes that is the embossment which squishes but since its springy it keeps localised pressure around the port sealing area on the gasket to ensure it's sealed, as with the embossment around the cylinders.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

:thumbup:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

my engine machinist recommends the wet and dry also, but in the past I have put MLS's on motors after the graphite one failed and simply cleaned the old gasket material off them, so it might not be an issue, I certainly wouldn't want to be putting fine grit down the sides of the bores of my motor!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Nice new wet stone maybe but it's easy to create low spots no matter what you use
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

Using plenty of wd-40 keeps the grit in control. I have cleaned off the old gasket pretty well with a razor blade so may just leave it at that. Cheers
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

Gday all, does the VN v6 run similar under head bolt ground wires like the CAmira? I was torquing up the head bolts and broke one of the earths, it was already cracked and finally gave up. There are no JE camiras at upullit at the moment but lots of VNs of course.

I did the Hylomar trick on the MLS gasket, I drilled out the rivets separated the leaves and gave each one a light spray. This gasket won’t give up now so the only way out is through the top of a piston. Ha

Cheers
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Are you talking about the eyelet terminal? if so just get some narva ones from an auto shop and use a propane torch and solder it on the wire.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

Yes, Thanks wasnt sure you could get them that big.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

You can get them as bit as you want.

See this pic of how I did it.

The crimp for the wire is a bit too big and is why I soldered it and then put heat shrink. I filled the entire crimp with solder. I recommend to strip the wire twice as long as the crimp and fold it over so it pushes in tight enough not to fall off, then solder it by heating the end with a torch.

Make sure if you use heat shrink to place it on the wire first and push it way up the wire as the heat of the wire will shrink it before you want to if its closer than about 100mm.

By the way, good idea to use star washer with these type. Wurth is where I got mine but I am sure Jaycar or similar should have them.

IMG_1954.JPG