265 Hemi to efi

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

vlad01 wrote:You can get them as bit as you want.

See this pic of how I did it.

By the way, good idea to use star washer with these type. Wurth is where I got mine but I am sure Jaycar or similar should have them.

Thanks, nice soldering job.

That's where the problem started I had lost one of the star washers and it the earth ring was spinning when I was torqueing the head. It was moved too many times and split apart.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Cheers!
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

head 1.JPG
head 1.JPG (129.71 KiB) Viewed 3857 times
This is the offending gasket failure

To make a positive out of a negative removing the head gave me the opportunity to clean up the wiring looms with Techflex braided sleeving.

On another point has anyone had any experience with manual boost controllers. From first looks it Seems like a better option than changing out springs bet are there any negatives? Any input is appreciated.

Cheers
Attachments
head 2.JPG
head 2.JPG (121.36 KiB) Viewed 3857 times
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Best manual boost controller is made over there "turbotech" rock solid boost control it also stops any pressure getting to the gate until set psi helps build boost faster cause the gate doesn't start creeping open as boost builds
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Sure looks like detonation, wow that gasket sure got push out hard.

Good idea to get some knock ears and listen out when tuning.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Next cylinder took a hit too.man those steam holes it blew into are close to the cylinders
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

vlad01 wrote:Sure looks like detonation, wow that gasket sure got push out hard.

Good idea to get some knock ears and listen out when tuning.
That was my bad, I was trying to see if it was still blowing smoke so gave it too much pedal pre tune and heard a kind of pop. The reason it was blowing smoke was because some idiot pressurised the crank case (not me) when setting up the oil catch can. So kind of a ship of fools. Well you live and learn
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

delcowizzid wrote:Best manual boost controller is made over there "turbotech" rock solid boost control it also stops any pressure getting to the gate until set psi helps build boost faster cause the gate doesn't start creeping open as boost builds
Thanks for that :thumbup:
Chuff

Post by Chuff »

heff0018 wrote: On another point has anyone had any experience with manual boost controllers. From first looks it Seems like a better option than changing out springs bet are there any negatives? Any input is appreciated.
This is how we use to do it back in the old days (pre EFI).

The yellow circle is your normal boost hose used to open the wastegate. The red circle is plumbed to the other side of the wastegate diaphragm. By using a pressure regulator located inside the cabin you add boost pressure to the red area whenever you like by simply turning the knob of the pressure regulator and your boost changes instantly to whatever you like. This effectively increases the pressure required to open the wastegate. Minimum boost is determined by the spring in the wastegate (9 PSI in my case). Maximum boost is set to whatever you desire by turning the pressure regulator knob in the cabin and it can be adjusted at any time to any pressure while sitting in the drivers seat. If going down this path the pressure regulator in the photo is the one you want as it is fine enough & accurate enough to allow for small increases (1 PSI) at a time.
WasteGate.jpg
Regulator.jpg
You can do the same thing with internal wastegate by using an appropriate actuator such as the one below.
ExternalWastegate.jpg
ExternalWastegate.jpg (7.69 KiB) Viewed 3833 times
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs