VS-VY Enhanced Factory Bins

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins

Post by Wade »

The1 can you plz explain the function of the supercharger boost valve tables in your l67 enhanced bins
The1

Post by The1 »

it will control the factory boost valve
Wade

Post by Wade »

In the enhanced xdf is there a way to add crank angle. I can see spark angle and angle reference. What im trying to do and work out, is how to set things up so i can create a new history table that allows me to see knock based off crank angle.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

I don't understand, the crank angle will be whatever the timing number is, before TDC for that throw of the crank ?

eg. if you have 16 degrees of timing then that will be 16 degrees before the piston gets to top dead centre.....

the reference angle is only used so the computer knows how to offset the timing for the location of the crank angle sensor in relation to TDC.
Wade

Post by Wade »

Wade

Post by Wade »

Trying to figure out if it’s possible to look at knock vs crank angle would further determine if the knocks false or not. Or is that not possible with enhanced?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

You need a pressure transducer in the cylinder and an accurate way to measure crank angle to do what you are trying to do .there is equipment to do it but it's pricy high end gear so you can change timing till cylinder pressure hits at the perfect angle.just get on a dyno dump and tune it till you don't gain anything
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Wade

Post by Wade »

Ah ok. Cheers
madmaxisback
cars: VN Calais
VK Berlina

Post by madmaxisback »

Or drop $1500 on one for these https://www.plex-tuning.com/products/pl ... k-monitor/
Wishing. :cash:

I made up home brew version but would love one of these too!
Ken

Post by Ken »

The1 wrote:depending on bus chatter ive still been able to reflash a pcm with vats on. Failing that it would need a eeprom desoldered and reflashed and soldered back in. But for the cost of the pcm's, ive picked some up for $15 each it's just easier to grab another.
Is there a reason you desolder, reflash and solder back in, as opposed to soldering a chip mount on the board and just press the chip into the mount.
Are the chip mounts a problem, is why I ask.