cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Yep, delivered to my door too!

them large brackets with 4 holes, they still need folding but I am unsure of the angles yet, there is a compound bend in there so need to calculate it, or best I give it to a metal folder and they will know. Bendigo online laser said they use a good mob up there and will get me the contacts.
IMG_2859.JPG
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Look good too, my stuff turned up late this arvo.

What are the brackets for?
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Aftermarket to OEM electric antenna adapter bracket.

So you can bolt up the aeropro units as a direct drop in in conjunction with the original bracket. As they are now, they are not a bolt in option even though its specifically for VN-VS models.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

The long ones are for high end aftermarket modern CPU cooler to allow use on now classed as retro socket 754/939/940 boards.

Basically new cooler on a 15+ year old PC, because back then they were the best performing and very (fucking in this case) noisy.

Just fitted them this arvo and my god they are quiet and run much cooler. Before I had to run full cover headphones to even hear the audio over the fans screaming. Same noise as 2 hairdriers on full lol.

Some pics, and a comparison to the old ones. lol at the fin density vs size.

Still waiting for the machine shop to make me the off stand/spacers for the screws as I have manually centered the coolers over the mounting holes for now.

IMG_2860.JPG
IMG_2861.JPG
IMG_2862.JPG
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Not a lot this week.

But I did sort this out today.

Also made a start on the console rear vent and ordered a brand new handbrake boot. As soon as the NOS console shell arrives I can complete that.

IMG_2881.JPG
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Just a heads up for those in need of the rubber mount that fixes the intake pipe on VN-VR v6 to the inner guard.

Those mounts are always broken. They happen to be the same as the airbox mounts and this mob in WA sell repro ones.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-AIRBOX- ... 1438.l2649
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

MACE CAI.

IMG_2882.JPG

Sorted these out today on the box. Can finally put some fluid in it. Will be using a fully synthetic dextron type fluid from Penrite.

IMG_2884.JPG
IMG_2886.JPG
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

jesus christus.
better than new. holden should be ashamed.

love that mace CAI. grouse.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Yeah it is better than new. I actually took apart that nos VSS and put a thin coat of sikaflex around the sensor to seal it into the housing as they always leak there. I could of also used hylomar which is also urethane based. They agree with plastics much much better than a silicone based sealant which will start to leak later on.

I did this on my VR as its NOS sensor started dripping oil after few months. Took it out, apart, cleaned it out and did the same with a bit of sikaflex. Almost 4 years and not a trace of oil. Gearbox extension to main case leaks though :lol:

Can't blame me. I didn't build that box.
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

should have put a getrag in it NOS.
:runs from flames:
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.