ve bcm reprograming

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
jca
cars: HQ monaro
vz ss thunder
ve ss sports wagon

ve bcm reprograming

Post by jca »

hi guys trying to read the epprom on a ve bcm to change the vin data, i have a 8 pin 3m clip and a mini programer but i can get a read off the epprom has any body done it and know the correct eeprom id im using is24c128 chip id , but dosnt read anything
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: ve bcm reprograming

Post by antus »

I havnt tried but if the chip id is right and you cant get any read you might need to desolder the chip and put it in a socket - the bcm might be interfering with the signal. There are not too many so i think removal of the chip would be better than trying to tap the lines on the pcb. Otherwise _maybe_ powering on the bcm would help, but that could also do damage so dont try it unless your prepared to wear the risk.
Attachments
IS24C128.pdf
(53.79 KiB) Downloaded 307 times
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah I had similar issues & using the correct eeprom for the read was key as I had tried hundreds & then eventually lifted the chip to make it easier & still took AGES, but eventually found type...

M93S66
jca
cars: HQ monaro
vz ss thunder
ve ss sports wagon

Post by jca »

Thanks guys no luck yet might have u lift the chip and try it