Colorado 2016 Wants to Stall in first gear?

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
JohnDee68
cars: L36 Vx Series 2 8/2002 Acclaim Wagon 3.8L ECOTEC II.

Colorado 2016 Wants to Stall in first gear?

Post by JohnDee68 »

Hi Guys,
Just asking for a friend.
He has a Colorado 2016 that has been back MANY time to a Dealer for this ongoing issue. yet they cant seem to resolve it.

Unlike others he has had, also people I know who have had Colorado's. This one seems apparently to be a "LEMON" due to a unfix-able fault?

It wants to stall when in first gear. Not so much idling, but like you required to ride the clutch when you use first gear. it might even be as you take off at the lights, get to the center of the intersection and it'll actually stall. making it dangerous and annoying to the driver and other road users.

I, with little experience in the software of OBD2 and it's car sensors. Was wondering IF this may be a software or a sensor causing the motor to cut out at these times?

Any thoughts from those with the experience of Colorado's and software causing similar issues, please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you,
John.
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Re: Colorado 2016 Wants to Stall in first gear?

Post by Charlescrown »

So I can assume it's been scanned and nothing shows up. I would look at live data and if possible log it and have a look at whats happening when it occurs.
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Re: Colorado 2016 Wants to Stall in first gear?

Post by yoda69 »

As it appears to be a “one off fault” with this vehicle points towards a failed component or installation.
A log will hopefully show something that doesn’t look right and narrow it down, but with complexity of vehicles today and interaction between everything it could be nearly anything. Faulty ECU, poor ground, noisy alternator, damaged wiring, sensors, etc, etc.
At least appears to be semi repeatable so should be able to get a log.