help Tuning VT LS1

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
VZ1_60
cars: VK 5 litre

Re: help Tuning VT LS1

Post by VZ1_60 »

Jayme wrote:Hi all, looks like I may be tasked with trying to go mafless on a VT LS1. I know very little about these presently, just wondeirng what software everyone uses? from what ive looked at - there are no free options?
also, how well do these things respond to timing etc. got any tips for someone who has only been tuning the old 5 Liters?
I had a VT LS1 (SS), and used the "old" LS1 edit, then updated to EFI live. Both were quite easy to use, I kept mine with the MAF.
If its an SS, they are quite passive on the timing, and very rich on fuel. If it's a HSV, those standard tunes seem to have too much timing and rely on the knock sensors, and have a lot of fuel as well.
I played around with mine quite a lot, small increments each time and seemed to get it quite nice. I probably have some of the tunes if you need any help.

cheers, John
VX L67 Getrag

Re: help Tuning VT LS1

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Hey All,

I've used VCM Suite on my SS LS1, put headers, & opened up the cat sections & got 3" X-force cat back, pissed off the maf (just a resistance), put a LS6 intake on it & 80mm Throttle body & nice alloy OTR CAI & some Hi ration rockers & got it putting out 256rwKW(I think it's somewhere around 340rwHp), thats on a Mainline (Heartbreaker Dyno) with 98 ron & a shit load of timing!

But I swear by VCM Suite(Hp Tuners) Software great for both the XR6T & the SS!

The Alloytec's well there a real weird tune to look at, with quad cams & the timing set off each poistion of every cam WEIRD! haven't even tried yet!

Cheers VX L67 Getrag