265 Hemi to efi

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Got the new cam, lifters and rebuilt oil pump installed now.

Back to the dyno and now it’s it not getting enough fuel. It’s running out at about 2800rpm. I thought the tuner had installed a bigger pump when he installed the bigger injectors but if I checked invoice properly I would have seen no fuel pump. So now we are building a fuel system that will handle around 400hp at the rear wheels. It will have a Carter lift pump which will pump to a surge tank and then a Bosch 044 to the fuel rail.

At 2800 rpm it is 220hp at the rear wheels and The cam should rev to 5500rpm.

The fuel system will be finished next week but I had to take it home tonight and holy shit it pulls like a freight train. Not sure how long the old BW35 will last. Of course I didn’t rev it too much but the torque is just amazing.

Cheers
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

BW35 originally designed for a 4 cylinder but they beefed (ha ha) it up by putting a couple of extra plates in and upping the line pressure to handle 150hp. Apart from that nice to see it's getting somewhere.
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

Yeah piece of shit trans but you need a special block to fit a torqueflite which I have but it’s not this motor. This is an option to use a C4 but I will see how things pan out. I certainly don’t want to trash a good condition BW35 for no reason.
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

Here’s a YouTube link of it running, the iPhone mic doesn’t do it justice. Sounds a lot gruntier in real life.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CaAIIlZHcAc

Spent a couple of hours freeing up the door locks and putting a band aid fix on the drivers door so that I can finally wind the window up and lock the car The top bolt bracket of the vertical guide track had snapped off at the door frame at the bottom of the same guide was rusted out. When the window got wound right done th3 guide would bind up and you couldn’t wind the window up. It’s impossible to weld the broken bracket without cutting a hole in the top of the door so I made up a bracket which I riveted into the door frame and guide frame at the first access hole down. I also riveted in a sleeve over the rust hole at the bottom so that the frame wouldn’t flex when winding the window. It’s a little tight still but it now goes up and down and seals a lot better now.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Sounds really smooth! nice work. Keen to see more videos of it once tuned right.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Hope to see some dash-cam after the fuel system is sorted.
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

vlad01 wrote:Sounds really smooth! nice work. Keen to see more videos of it once tuned right.
Hopefully should have it sorted by next weekend if the fuel system parts turn up in time.
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

Charlescrown wrote:Hope to see some dash-cam after the fuel system is sorted.
Will do
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

Hi all, does anyone have thoughts on the Bosch 044 pumps. Seems like there are a few different types and flow rates let alone fakes and prices vary widely. From my calcs 200 lph should be ok for around 400 hp, supercheap auto have these for $199 (I assume SCA wouldn’t be selling fakes). 300 lph would handle 600hp+ but I don’t want to be cycling fuel around for no reason so this seems overkill. I can get one of these on ebay for $230 but who knows if it is actually genuine. Some places are asking around $350 for the 300 lph models.
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Contact AFI they only sell genuine parts.